Decats on Standard exhaust

Ruddles

Guys, just looking into sorting out decats before buying a cat-back system further down the line :D . Does anyone have this setup at all? Any videos /sound samples out there or references?

Any help greatly appreciated! :thumbs:

p.s. Apologies if this has already been covered sometime over the forums lifespan! :p

I used to :D

th_100_0922.jpg

video of it :thumbs:

That sounds fantastic in its own right Ian! :thumbs: My next question would be what brand of decat did you go for? Japspeed tends to be fairly popular and well recommended (although I've heard a few manifolds they make for starlets have cracked in places), Strup USA, Berks? Also I would guess the engine CEl spacers would be advisable when fitting them? :blush:

Any thoughts on these would help please aas I assume decats are pretty much all the same anyway? :ban:

They were ebay decats :blush:

I've also had Japspeed & now have Tomei decats :lol:

CEL spacers would be advisable but when I fitted them they never worked :(

:lol:

You had no issues with the Japspeed decats then?

It's looking good for them, not an OTT price either! :thumbs:

Out of interest...why did you change? :snack:

i only went for the Japspeed ones because I had them for free :lol:

I changed to the Tomei's because they come with extra bungs for my wideband sensors & TBH the quality of the Tomei's is a lot better. Much better made, welds that are a work of art & seemed to be a thicker material (but then they should be for the price)

I can't fault any of the 3 sets I've had though (nor the 1 set of hi flows I've had :blush: )

Ahh! :lol:

I might just have a look-see what I can import from overseas too, read there are other options such as GTM, Fast Intentions. Don't want to be spending silly amounts as I'm also saving for a cat-back and still undecided what to get in that area! :surrender: Be it aftermarket or custom..

Thanks for the words of wisdom Ian! :thumbs:

Might be a topic on here of a decat installation soon! ;)

*Stupid Question time* whats the legality of Decats? are you alowed to run without cats?

Grey area.

They are legal but you won't pass an MOT with them fitted rendering them illegal :)

I've run decats for nearly 4 years now with no issues :) Either swap them over every year for the MOT or find a "friendly" tester ;)

*Stupid Question time* whats the legality of Decats? are you alowed to run without cats?

Grey area.

They are legal but you won't pass an MOT with them fitted rendering them illegal :)

I've run decats for nearly 4 years now with no issues :) Either swap them over every year for the MOT or find a "friendly" tester ;)

wouldnt be legal over here...

Grey area.

You sure?

Sounds good Wasso, though I'm sure much better in life and not on a vid! ;)

Thanks kindly guys! :thumbs: Looking into this over the weekend and pretty much set on Japspeed decats ( I would assumed resonated).

Do we have a trader on here who stocks them, or will I have to buy them direct from Japspeed themselves?