Electromagnetic rear parking sensors then...

kazman

Can anyone confirm if they work ok with the metal crash beam behind the 350z? And if they do, is there any additional parts required?

Thanks chaps, would hate to go to all the work of getting the bumper off only to find the product is no good....

Yes i saw that thread a while back. As you say though, it was all in the land of theory...

Edit - thats not true, there is a post from someone who says it works fine as there is polystyrene between crash bar and bumper...

i v got both front and rear from parking dynamics or smth. they work fine. some interferance from the rear but nothing much and i havent even insulated the bar. my rear ones are the ones with the little digital indicator

cons....they are very very loud. especially the rear ones. think of a lorry reversing and they dont start beeping unless you are really close...they start beeping when the normal ones would be making the continuous sound!!! but you can park at very tight spaces.

i v got both front and rear from parking dynamics or smth. they work fine. some interferance from the rear but nothing much and i havent even insulated the bar. my rear ones are the ones with the little digital indicator

cons....they are very very loud. especially the rear ones. think of a lorry reversing and they dont start beeping unless you are really close...they start beeping when the normal ones would be making the continuous sound!!! but you can park at very tight spaces.

Thats dissapointing that they only start working when close, i would hope they start quite early so i have confidence they are working!

I understand using the second aerial that is supplied boosts the range.

Thats dissapointing that they only start working when close, i would hope they start quite early so i have confidence they are working!

I understand using the second aerial that is supplied boosts the range.

It does but i havent used it. extended range means more interferance.

• 1 month later...

I was considering these, as i find it a real pain to judge the back, often find that ive got loads of space when i thought i had none.

But if they only work for the last 10cm or so it bearly seems worth it... Or is it longer then that?

noise wise you just put some mufferling over the speaker, i wouldnt worry about that, somone said use tissue or tape over it , and it reduces the noise down to 50% or so...

I was considering these, as i find it a real pain to judge the back, often find that ive got loads of space when i thought i had none.

But if they only work for the last 10cm or so it bearly seems worth it... Or is it longer then that?

noise wise you just put some mufferling over the speaker, i wouldnt worry about that, somone said use tissue or tape over it , and it reduces the noise down to 50% or so...

the ones with the little thingy that goes on the windscreen mirror are very loud on reverse. kind of sorted it with lithium grease in the speaker and they bearable now. suppose isolation is the key but then again i didnt fit them myself so i dont think whoever did bothered too much. i am used to them now and can park in spaces that couldnt even imagine i could before.

[ ] that much from the car behind me. front ones are a bit more inaccurate and dont really trust them but i v got the amuse front bumper and its shape is a bit weird to install the antenna