Mark on interior door panel

Mrcofpep

Given the age of these cars I wouldn't expect massive changes to be experienced from the claying. It'll iron out those minor imperfections and give a good base.

AG Resin is a good polish. But I've ditched it at the moment for Extra Deep Shine. Now that is awesome, much less resin (so far anyway) and you can certainly tell the difference. Try it.

Apologies for the thread hi-jack! How are you doing with the interior marks?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ordered me Megs stuff this morning to give that a try. Ordered the polish, interior NXT protector and leather cleaner. See how that compares to AG. Have got most of the mark out but very tiny scuff on the dimples on the door liner.. What is this made of? :)

Be careful where you try the NXT Tech Protect stuff....

I tried some for the "dimpled" effect bits of the door as had some little scuffs where caught it and they looks a little dirty. Also rain had made them go all patchy.

Problem is that you end up doing it all or it stands out too much. When you first put (just a little) on it goes darker and with a little wet look. Don't worry too much, it will dry out to a darker look, but not too much wet look, although it has a little shine to it.

I used it on all the interior doors, dash, plastics and rubbers. It protects them all and brings them up nicely. Just make sure you are consistent with it......... :thumbs:

Tried the megs products over the weekend. The gold class polist goes on real easy, exspecially with the nice sponge. :thumbs: However, it did not easily remove the stubborn marks like tar and dead flys! AG does this much better. :D

Did not really like the NXT protector, too much of a shiny wet look for my liking, but it has hidden the mark which started off this thread! Does the wet look dissappear after a while?

Tried the megs products over the weekend. The gold class polist goes on real easy, exspecially with the nice sponge. :thumbs: However, it did not easily remove the stubborn marks like tar and dead flys! AG does this much better. :D

Did not really like the NXT protector, too much of a shiny wet look for my liking, but it has hidden the mark which started off this thread! Does the wet look dissappear after a while?

The polish isn't designed to move the tar and dead flys, that is what Meguairs "Bug and Tar" remover is for! :D (its all in the name you see).

Seriously, you shouldn't be polishing while you have stuff like that on the paintwork, you should have a nice clean base, ideally with some paint cleanser applied. Have you not read the detailing guides that people have put on here recently! :p

As for the wet look...... I quote myself from previously in this same thread........ but just try buffing it with a absorbant lint free cloth when you have put on a bit.

Be careful where you try the NXT Tech Protect stuff....

I tried some for the "dimpled" effect bits of the door as had some little scuffs where caught it and they looks a little dirty. Also rain had made them go all patchy.

Problem is that you end up doing it all or it stands out too much. When you first put (just a little) on it goes darker and with a little wet look. Don't worry too much, it will dry out to a darker look, but not too much wet look, although it has a little shine to it.

I used it on all the interior doors, dash, plastics and rubbers. It protects them all and brings them up nicely. Just make sure you are consistent with it......... :thumbs:

Mrcofpep take Jacko's advice, car needs clay barring before polish/ waxing ;)

........depending how old the car is....... Brand new, no point. :thumbs:

Sorry but at this rate think we'll be disagreeing all nite :p

Brand new from dealer ok then

Brand new, met the elements then sorry your wrong :dry:

Mrcofpep take Jacko's advice, car needs clay barring before polish/ waxing ;)

........depending how old the car is....... Brand new, no point. :thumbs:

Sorry but at this rate think we'll be disagreeing all nite :p

Brand new from dealer ok then

Brand new, met the elements then sorry your wrong :dry:

lol ;) Agree mate!

I have always used polish to remove the tar, well its worked in the past! :teeth: I did see the tar and fly remover, but just assumed the polish would do the trick! At this rate i'll be all day cleaning the car :yawn:

Has anyone bought the tar remover.. would white spirit do the same.. PS don't shoot me if this a bad idea!!! :surrender:

If you've got some bad marks on the car, there will be a treatment for almost every type of problem.

Tar remover is a solvent based product that removes the muck. Then you need to 'renovate' the paint (light cut) as this will dull the paint. Then polish, then wax / seal. With these things a little care now will do wonders in the medium / long term.

Hope this helps.

Ok so don't use white spirit then :teeth: I'll get the tar remover. The car is in mint nic but there are loads of tiny marks over the bonnet and roof, which really don't help when polishing. Not sure if jap owner never got rid of them or they came from 6 weeks on a boat! Back to valet store then!

Cheers guys! :thumbs: