Afternoon

Hello Everyone, I am looking into purchasing a Z (I think thats what the short name is for them!? ) Currently I have a 295 BHP Focus RS which has served me well but its time for some steer from the rear fun!

Been looking about and the GT version seems a pretty safe bet, does anyone have any tips on buying a used one, what to look for? I ll do a search for some info to.

I 'm from near Matlock Bath in Derbyshire, and looking at getting a 350 Z in a few weeks time.

Cheers

Guy

:) Yeh thats one thing I am looking forward to! What are the first basic mods to do that you would suggest.. Air Filter, Full De cat system etc..? Seen a Twin Turbo kit that looked tempting :yahoo:

Welcome mate!!! :thumbs:

Are you buying used or new? Whats your budget? What colour you looking to buy?

I have just gone down the pop charger route. I don't want an aftermarket exhaust but they are available as are high flow cats.

Twin Turbo and supercharger kits are available and oh so tempting.

I'm not the best person to ask as I'm knew to the Z scene.

:welcome: Stig

Lomoto (tim) is near you. Sure he'll let you have a close look at his Z.

Not many tips in what to look out for other than the usual on any car purchase. Only thing I would say is if you are considering heavily modding ie twin turbo or supercharger, it may be worth considering a JDM model and save yourself a few bucks which you can put towards the mods.

Turbo is gonna cost in the region of £10k

First mod is a honda stubby aerial for £5 of ebay.

Plenty of info on here anyway for wetting your appetite.

:) Yeh thats one thing I am looking forward to! What are the first basic mods to do that you would suggest.. Air Filter, Full De cat system etc..? Seen a Twin Turbo kit that looked tempting :yahoo:

Welcome mate!!! :thumbs:

Are you buying used or new? Whats your budget? What colour you looking to buy?

Looking at a few 54 - 05 plates at the moment, seen a good Blue one, I don't know the exact colour name but it looked really nice. Probs around 18k but flexible.

:thumbs:

I have just gone down the pop charger route. I don't want an aftermarket exhaust but they are available as are high flow cats.

Twin Turbo and supercharger kits are available and oh so tempting.

I'm not the best person to ask as I'm knew to the Z scene.

Ah no worries, all info is good though! :)

:welcome: Stig

Lomoto (tim) is near you. Sure he'll let you have a close look at his Z.

Not many tips in what to look out for other than the usual on any car purchase. Only thing I would say is if you are considering heavily modding ie twin turbo or supercharger, it may be worth considering a JDM model and save yourself a few bucks which you can put towards the mods.

Turbo is gonna cost in the region of £10k

First mod is a honda stubby aerial for £5 of ebay.

Plenty of info on here anyway for wetting your appetite.

That would be good, as tbh I have not even sat in one yet! I ll see how things go but If I could get 350 BHP ish without F/I then that would be cool, but is that possible with the Z?

I ll get the aerial sorted! :D

ohh right lol, So I could go Exhaust System and Air Filter to keep my noise addiction happy until I am ready for SC or Turbo, any particular ones of those would you suggest?

Cheers

Plenty of things you can do for noise :D

Exhaust - Nismo one is popular

CAI - JWT pop charger is also popular

Hi flo cats - Kinetix do a set that users on here have

Plenum - Again think Kinetix is your best best

All of the above will make the zed howl so loud it'll rattle ya teeth :scare::thumbs:

That would be good, as tbh I have not even sat in one yet! I ll see how things go but If I could get 350 BHP ish without F/I then that would be cool, but is that possible with the Z?

I ll get the aerial sorted! :D

forget about it mate. Neither economically feasible nor easy at all....

do a search for ecu, utec, and normally aspirated gains...

:welcome:

most popular FI kits are Vortech SC and APS TT

watch out for the HKS TT kit due out soon