Some twonk fitted these !! "wheels"

stesrg

Well after doing some detailing to my horror :scare::scare: I found that some tyre fitter "obviously thick and new to the game " fitted steel stick on weights to my wheels !!! (previous owners tyre fitter !)

rule No 1 you do not put steel on alloy....... I cannot believe they make these steel stick on weights to save money :scare:

as you use an alloy cleaner on your wheels this will react with the steel and cause corrosion to the wheel to as much as eating a hole in your wheel you will notice a gell eating in to the alloy ..

All I can say is check your weights and make sure they are lead :) which is a very soft ..

I will take some pictures soon as I put my spacers on to show you the rust forming all though I have sprayed them with WD40 to preserve the dammage ..

the wheels will be De weighted and new lead ones put on for a re-aglinment /ballance

Ste .

Lead has a blue-gray color. It is the softest and heaviest of the common metals will not rust and corrode your wheels when in contact with the alloy .... steel will , the weights on my wheels have gone rusty :scare:

will post pick soon .....

Ste .

there are 2 types of hammer on weights, steel and alloy specific, but i only ever use stick ons when fitting alloys

Hi these are STICK ON STEEL WEIGHTS :scare: Which amazed me to see the rust forming on them !!

Ste.