Arrgg! scratched my car!

evilscorp

Was my first day at my new work, got there early to find no parking spaces except one in this super old tiny garage, took my time trying to manover the car into it as it was close to a wall on the oposite side and couldnt reverse in so had to fold in my mirrors and kept going in and out until 2cars turned up and i got flusterd and nervous cos it was my first day, ended up scratching my rear drivers wheel arch off the dam rough casted garage doorway! :rant::angry: so anoyed with myself spent the whole day washing it and trying to rub out an impossible scratch with t-cut :byebye: ANYWAY what im trying to say is i went to halfords to ask for gunmetal grey nissan paint but couldnt see any? is it under a diff name as there was a can that looked the same colour but diff name(still nissan) or am i better off going to nissan for it? OR should i not bother tryin myself and pay a pro to do it(how much we talking?)? HELP :blackeye:

Go an have a chat with a bodyshop chap you won't get the same quality pf finish otherwise. I would guess for the wing you are looking 150 to 200 depending on how bad it is (I.e. how much they need to blend in) and how reasonable the bodyshop is. If its just light damage maybe less but most have a minimum charge. If you are lucky it may just a case of rubbing down a bit of blending and laquer but I doubt below £100.

Accident repair places can sometimes be more expensive than profesional resprayers. So get a few quotes over the phone before you pick one.

Also have a look on your local boy racer website. They can often point towards cheap spray shops and recommendations.

For £150 to fix, i may have ago myself first, tryed resrayin b4 on my old car(was half ass as I didnt like the car anymore). Will only cost £10 for paint and ive got sum laq left, so will sand it down and give it a small layer of either filler or anti rust primer, sand that down the couple coats of paint(if i can get it!), another light sand then two coats of laq, will post up pics as i go, let u all have a laugh then when you confirm that its pants I will then pay the £200 to fit the damage x2 lol.

Was my first day at my new work, got there early to find no parking spaces except one in this super old tiny garage, took my time trying to manover the car into it as it was close to a wall on the oposite side and couldnt reverse in so had to fold in my mirrors and kept going in and out until 2cars turned up and i got flusterd and nervous cos it was my first day, ended up scratching my rear drivers wheel arch off the dam rough casted garage doorway! :rant::angry: so anoyed with myself spent the whole day washing it and trying to rub out an impossible scratch with t-cut :byebye: ANYWAY what im trying to say is i went to halfords to ask for gunmetal grey nissan paint but couldnt see any? is it under a diff name as there was a can that looked the same colour but diff name(still nissan) or am i better off going to nissan for it? OR should i not bother tryin myself and pay a pro to do it(how much we talking?)? HELP :blackeye:

These mobile guys are pretty good for localised scuffs on bumpers and bodies, have a look in your Thomson local and get some quotes you may be surprised. Come to you as well and you can watch em at work. :dry::doh: