Useful satnav POI's (or not)

mugwump

As previously discussed *somewhere* in this thread http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3856&highlight=

I have finished compiling a POI of all the Tesco's 99ron Super Unleaded forecourts for import into TomTom satnav devices, I can provide it for other devices if required. There is also a google map showing their locations, its surprising how for north they *dont* go! :thumbdown:

The POI and the map are available from http://ukpostcodes.boldlygoingnowhere.org/ in the downloads section.

I have also sucessfully managed to hack :ninja: , er no.... encourage the nissan website to spit out all the uk dealerships and these are also available for download from the same place.

The maps take some time to render becuase of the number of waypoints on them so you may find you are staring at a blank page for a while with what seems like no progress and suddenly the map will appear, unfortunately if the map is not going to work in your browser the behaviour can appear to be much the same but the FAQ should sort you out.

Once you can see the maps you can zoom/scroll/drag/click on a waypoint to see the ones nearest you, all clever stuff but Mr Google wrote it, not me!

The POI's are in OV2 format for direct import to TomTom satnav devices, you should also download the little logo images if you want the Z and 99ron icons to appear on your display.

Let me know if they are any use...... :thumbs: