New driver's side window motor.

TheGreasyWeasel

The driver's side window motor has completely given up the ghost and a new one is required.

Nissan want to charge me an absolute fortune for a new one and was wondering if anyone knew of any reputable spares firms around the Birmingham area or where I might pick up a cheaper new one?

Cheers.

The driver's side window motor has completely given up the ghost and a new one is required.

Nissan want to charge me an absolute fortune for a new one and was wondering if anyone knew of any reputable spares firms around the Birmingham area or where I might pick up a cheaper new one?

Cheers.

Join the queue! :) I'm waiting for Alex or Lee to get more in stock at the moment.

I hadn't considered the US route, but at that price for a new one? Mmmmm.....

When you say it is totally dead what do you mean? Has it set on fire or similar?

Its likely the brushes just need replacing unless the copper contacts on the motor shaft have totally worn away which is unlikely the brushes are designed to be the wear point.

New brushes will only cost a few quid there are places on net that make them to measure as well.

Also have you treid my window repair guide?

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=30870

It does fix a lot of problems and extends the life of your motor.

Good luck

Steve

Yeah I looked at the repair guide when it first started to play up and despite it looking well explained I live in a flat with zero storage space for tools (which I don't even have at this stage so there's that additional cost).

Plus my technical skills for doing any motor brush micro surgery are lacking I suspect.

My mate and I could replace the motor between us, it's just trying to avoid that huge Nissan bill for a motor through their channels. How long do you think it would take to come through the American channels? And is it worth trying to get hold of a second hand one from a breakers?

performancenissanparts on ebay.com can supply a brand new motor for $228 (approx £150) delivered and will take around a week for delivery which is well worth it considering it's half the cost of buying from Nissan UK.

My plan is to get a new one and have a play with the knackered one once it's out, then hey presto.... a spare!

How do I find performancenissanparts on Ebay? I'm seraching but it's not pulling up any hits?

>>CLICK ME<<

They're listed as right sided or left sided to keep things simple ;)

Steve - do you know what type/size of brushes are required. I would rather get them before I start stripping the motor.

Sorry mate I don't know the brush sizes, I never needed to go that far.

Unfortunately to get to the brushes you still need to strip the motor which involves a bit of soldering and unsoldering wires (2 or 3) but looks easy from when I looked.

Cheers

Steve

Steve - do you know what type/size of brushes are required. I would rather get them before I start stripping the motor.

Sorry mate I don't know the brush sizes, I never needed to go that far.

Unfortunately to get to the brushes you still need to strip the motor which involves a bit of soldering and unsoldering wires (2 or 3) but looks easy from when I looked.

Cheers

Steve

Thanks, Steve. I think I may have a go at it anyway in a couple of weeks time when my mate gets back from holiday - he's more confident than I am at these things!

Cheers

• 1 month later...