Imports already in the country

sl114

This may have been asked before, but what are the issues with Imports that are already in the country? What should be looked at? Common problems? Servicing issues? etc...

I did have a search but couldnt find anything, maybe my brain isnt working!

best way to buy an import , you can see what your getting with no hidden costs ..Thats the route I chose :thumbs:
Where did you get yours from? How are you finding it for servicing etc?

bought it off the guy who imported it himself after a 3 month wait :headhurt: then deceided he couldnt afford it !! Do any servicing myself.., or I take it to an independant garage for the stuff I cant do.. To be honest its not cost anything in service costs other than materials (oil/ filter etc.) over the last 9 months .......forgot to mention tyres / wheels/ exhaust / hi flo cats/ radio head unit/ tonneau cover / mats /induction kit/plus loads of other uneccessary bits I've bought .... loved every minute though :teeth:

My advice is to find one in the country , preferably privately owned thats had loads of money spent on it and snap it up for a song... avoid dealers with a vengance ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys, good to know, basically i will have £17-£18k to spend on a zed and i know i can get a 53 GT for that price, its jsut a waiting game, plus the sat nav will be nice.

However if the right import comes along, i will see how it is regarding insurance etc

Do any servicing myself.., or I take it to an independant garage for the stuff I cant do..

I have been trying to locate the dipstick and filler for the autobox transmission fluid, Tim. The US manual is not very helpful. Have you any idea where it is?

Do any servicing myself.., or I take it to an independant garage for the stuff I cant do..

I have been trying to locate the dipstick and filler for the autobox transmission fluid, Tim. The US manual is not very helpful. Have you any idea where it is?

No sorry jim , mines a manual...not had my head underneath an auto bonnet :) Must be someone on here with a tiptronic to help yopu out??