Exhaust questions?

nickzzz

Hi, I'm a new Z owner, just picked it up wed night and loving it so far!

The only thing I'm undecided about is the Japspeed K1 fitted. I love the sound it makes and am enjoying it at the moment but long term I'm not sure it will be for me. Especially on long trips etc (can be quite boomy under load on motorway etc)

I've been looking on Japspeeds site as I'm aware the k2 is a bit more subtle. But I also noticed this..

http://www.japspeed.co.uk/Nissan-350Z/E ... 19-72-723/

Was just wondering if anyone knows anything about it. Think I prefer the tailpipes on the k2 and this one to the K1's big cans.

Is this just a stainless which is similar to stock exhaust? Haven't seen any video clips of it on youtube etc.

Not sure if I have the Japspeed Y pipe and if this would mean K2 would fit easier. I'll have a look underneath when I get a chance.

I'm not totally decided yet, may keep the k1 but would like some opinions. It does sound amazing and I might be disappointed if I can't hear it anymore!

Cheers in advance for any help/opinions! :thumbs:

and if this would mean K2 would fit easier

this is a bit of an old discussion point, seems hit or miss about fitment, search will reveal more info maybe the terms "japspeed fitment issues" or some combination in the search bar will help.

Ok, I was hoping that maybe the K2 back box would direct fit same as the K1 but seems thats not the case!

I've noticed a lot of people on here seem to like the Scorpion, I'll give that a look.

And the blueflame!

So if I have a k1 does that mean I will have the Y pipe or does the K1 fit the standard Y pipe?

Also if I do have the Japspeed Y pipe will that be compatible with scorpion, blueflame etc?

I'm a complete novice as I've always had completely standard cars in the past. The way I'm thinking at the moment is to stick with the K1 for a bit and see if I get sick of it. If I do then buy something else and sell the K1.

What an awesome sound the 350z makes though no matter what exhaust! Was a big part of the appeal to me.

Y pipe is a seperate section that joins the 2 manifolds to a single pipe, hence Y pipe as it is abit like a Y shape,

You can fit a Japspeed Y pipe, or keep the standard one if thats what you have, Alot of the standard off the shelf systems i have seen run a single mid pipe, if thats the case it will bolt to either Y pipe.

I have a K1 too, Love the sound, not so keen on the look, proberly becasue the cars not that modded so it sticks out.

Im looking into coilovers and new wheels. So may blend in more once i have done few bits.

Ok, I was hoping that maybe the K2 back box would direct fit same as the K1 but seems thats not the case!

I've noticed a lot of people on here seem to like the Scorpion, I'll give that a look.

And the blueflame!

So if I have a k1 does that mean I will have the Y pipe or does the K1 fit the standard Y pipe?

Also if I do have the Japspeed Y pipe will that be compatible with scorpion, blueflame etc?

I'm a complete novice as I've always had completely standard cars in the past. The way I'm thinking at the moment is to stick with the K1 for a bit and see if I get sick of it. If I do then buy something else and sell the K1.

What an awesome sound the 350z makes though no matter what exhaust! Was a big part of the appeal to me.

Yep a japspeed y will work with other zorsts. K1 dosnt come with a ypipe.

K1 / K2 will work with stock y-pipe

Some compnays sell "Cat Back" that includes a y-pipe and some do " Y Back" no y-pipe just midpipe and then back section.

Have a look about and see what else is available.... You will get a better sounding, easier to live with, better quality exhaust from someone like 5Zigen rather than buying a K1 and then getting rid and buying better!

Right had a look under car in my lunch break and I reckon my cars got the stock Y pipe although its quite hard to have a good look without the car jacked up. Sure it doesn't look like the Japspeed one though

Are the 2 boxes before the Y pipe the cats? They looked really rusty! Bit worrying although car just passed MOT.

Gave the back of the exhaust a bit of a polish while I was at it. Most of the marks came out (reckon with a bit of time they'd all come out!)

The mounts on the K1 are quite rusty mind.

If the y pipe has what looks like a silencer on it then its stock.

2 boxes before the y are the cats and its just the sheilds that will look rusty, there well protected, more than most aftermarket ones!

K1's have started to show signs of wear and rust now... english winters wont give them a long life!

both K2 and blueflame have had reported issues with fitment very recently so do a search and perhaps if still going this route then get a assurance that the trader will do a full refund if the exhaust doesn't fit properly.

Thats good to know with the cats. It did look a like a lower layer almost that was really rusty.

I've heard about K2 fitment issues but was under impression it had been rectified. Is worth bringing up with trader though just in case.