Bridgestone Fishtailing Experience?

kennyc

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the question has not been asked why nissan fitted these tyres, after talking to mike brewer of sky televisions wheeler dealers who was employed by nissan on the tyre testing team, the result was the bridgestones gave resonable grip wet or dry but wore well, the toyos came out top gave excellent grip but wore a lot faster, so basically they were fitted due to cost and if you dont mind replacing your tyres more often there are better tyres out there.

max.

Where is Mr. brewers credential relating to being a doctor in automotive compound adhesion (would that be physics?)

Secondly was he employed by Nissan? Whilst I have no evidence to the contrary I find it hard to believe that a reporter could be employed as a competent consultant during the initial trials of a vehicle or even the following NTE Homolgation trials that took place in various countires throughout europe but were managed by both NTE Cranfield and NTE Bonn, where incidently the nurburgring testing team reside?

But without evidence to the contrary I am open to admit that I may be wrong. Personally I would not take the wrok of an ex salesman come TV presenter as bonafida evidence upon which to make my choice of tyre manufacturer for the whole of europe on.

he he this is good :)

As discussed earlier, this is in fact one thing i prob. won't miss

Prescience i dont see what the issue is? I am in total agreement with you? Whilst it may not have appeared clear initially I was merely contradicting the point made by an earlier post saying that a "bigger contact patch = more grip" my point (as is yours) was that the pressure placed upon the area ireamins the same on a larger tyre just over a larger, as it is on a smaller tyre but on a smaller tyre the surface area is less. . Which is EXACTLY what you are saying. ?

So for example the PSI placed on the two different surface areas would be equal irrespective of ther different contact patch sizes

Was not contradicting you mate.

Guest prescience
the question has not been asked why nissan fitted these tyres, after talking to mike brewer of sky televisions wheeler dealers who was employed by nissan on the tyre testing team, the result was the bridgestones gave resonable grip wet or dry but wore well, the toyos came out top gave excellent grip but wore a lot faster, so basically they were fitted due to cost and if you dont mind replacing your tyres more often there are better tyres out there.

max.

Where is Mr. brewers credential relating to being a doctor in automotive compound adhesion (would that be physics?)

Secondly was he employed by Nissan? Whilst I have no evidence to the contrary I find it hard to believe that a reporter could be employed as a competent consultant during the initial trials of a vehicle or even the following NTE Homolgation trials that took place in various countires throughout europe but were managed by both NTE Cranfield and NTE Bonn, where incidently the nurburgring testing team reside?

But without evidence to the contrary I am open to admit that I may be wrong. Personally I would not take the wrok of an ex salesman come TV presenter as bonafida evidence upon which to make my choice of tyre manufacturer for the whole of europe on.

Why's that then - plenty of people follow people's advice on these forums :lol: and what credentials do they have 'really'

i did not take his advive my self i bought a set of dunlop maxx sport, i thought he was a bit of a wa---r.

max.

The problem with reporters and their opinions is the are open to influence from biased sources ;)

Personally having use the bridgestone summer tyre throughout the winter I understand its deficiencys although I learned to accomodate them given that it was being used outside its initial remit.

How do you find the dunlops perform?

Why's that then - plenty of people follow people's advice on these forums and what credentials do they have 'really'

I personally prefer to try something myself and form my own opinoin. My driving style is probably not the same as alot of people here and whist I can read opinions and expressed views I would only add these as footnotes to my own decissions on a purchase.

I would never expect ANYONE to follow any advice given on a forum by me or anyone else really. More fool them I say. As you have rightly pointed out, with a little research the information is at hand and therefore the best opions can only be formed by oneself.

You OC regulars love coming over here for a bit of banter :yahoo:

Easy Easy don't count me as someone looking for banter trouble or anything of the sort. Not my bag at all. And I apologise now if thats how I appear. I hold only loyalty to myself. Im a regular on a alot of forums not just one.And trying to be a regular here. (Dash goes off to lick his insulted wounds :(.......;) )

Guest prescience

You OC regulars love coming over here for a bit of banter :yahoo:

Easy Easy don't count me as someone looking for banter trouble or anything of the sort. Not my bag at all. And I apologise now if thats how I appear. I hold only loyalty to myself.

I know mate, its all back and forth in good humour I hope :)

This thread has turned rather fruity! :clap:

Let's face it though, the UK isn't very hot compared to other parts of Europe than the Z is sold in (which have the same tires). I think they'd have been better off fitting it with something a little more "all weather".

P.S. The over here/there thing is very old skool now! :D

Guest prescience

Let's face it though, the UK isn't very hot compared to other parts of Europe than the Z is sold in (which have the same tires).

Whaddya mean, we have lovely weather here :rant::angry::rant::lol: :lol: :lol:

But then they would loose the performance angle for the majority of their users. A bit like the exige running allweather boots instead of the A048's. Besides I know for a fact that europe doesnt get a lookin on the worldwide decissions of Nissan let alone tiny sales of a coupe in the UK. I speak regularly with members of nissan europe who complain about not getting a look in

Bridgestones are still cr@p :teeth:

:lol: That's f@cking priceless mate after all this scientific banter!

I just like to cut it down to basic facts ............... He He

Joking apart.. who has replaced the Bridgestones with Bridgestones ? , not many I'll wager :)

Well said lomoto :teeth:

Let's get things into perspective here, the day in question was "summer" and the road was wet. Yes there was probably more slippy, oily stuff on the road but also this was not the first rain shower wetting the road, it had been pissing it down the day before to. I was not booting it in any way, overtaking from about 30mph in 3rd when the car lost it a bit. I think the car steps out too easily, it's not the first time it's happened but certainly the worst. I wanted to gauge opinion from you guys as to whether you thought it was due to the Bridgestones.

I've had a lot of previous experience with F1's (GSD2 & 3) which I've found to be pretty good in the wet.

Let's face it though, the UK isn't very hot compared to other parts of Europe than the Z is sold in (which have the same tires). I think they'd have been better off fitting it with something a little more "all weather".

P.S. The over here/there thing is very old skool now! :D

In Italy the general consensus is that the RE040s are shite too! :lol:

Guest prescience

I think I read somewhere that the OEM Bridgestones are a special variant as supplied on the car (they do seem to be very hard wearing) and that a replacement seeming to be the same spec. tyre is actually different (and for example less hard wearing)

Did I imagine that?

Edit-> No, here it is :teeth:

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic ... ones#24764