Top of the Range

Looking for a lovely double din headunit which must have the following:

TV tuner

rear reverse camera

dvd playback possibly blu-ray (dont know if blu ray isnt out on headunits yet)

connectivity for ipod, line in, mem cards etc. (must be able to play the videos + album art off iphone)

Touch screen

possibly navigation

Bluetooth calling + for music if possible but not a nessecity.

Im finding it quite hard to get all of these features in one unit!

budget of under 1.5k!

Ive tryed to find somthing like this but i cant find one with all of those features which is a bit annoying! Does anybody know somthing out there?!

huge choice with that budget infact that will probably let you get any unit out there bar some of the extreme audiophile stuff.

one question though , if your going for the high end HU whata re you plans/budgte for the rest of the system as it would be a huge waste not to swap out the speakers and amp . youd rally not get your monies worth out fo the HU if you didnt.

huge choice with that budget infact that will probably let you get any unit out there bar some of the extreme audiophile stuff.

one question though , if your going for the high end HU whata re you plans/budgte for the rest of the system as it would be a huge waste not to swap out the speakers and amp . youd rally not get your monies worth out fo the HU if you didnt.

Might up rate the speakers not sure yet i just want a nice HU.

Ive been there and done all the huge subwoofer thing and amazing sound system, and i have to say, its not my thing anymore.

Im happy with the quality of the bose sound system and i know its not the greatest, my previous car hit 143 decibels and you could still hear the words clearly. Ive just grown out of that really, im looking more for the tv, dvd, bluetooth and rear camera stuff.

ok so you know what your doing at least , id still reommend bining the bose sub for a small proper one though.

there are plenty of units that will do everything i one bar card slots but tbh your best with an ipod or as harddrive, hardrive being the cheatest and saves mesing about wiht itune sand video on the ipod.

pioneer seem to be the best all in ones out there , kenwood do some i dont think theyre higher end units have sat nav so youd need the add on , with your budget id be tempted by the alpines , they will need add ons for both B and nav but the i tihnk the new nav add in also add BT and unlike others physically slots inot the front of the HU !

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/alpine-iva-w505r.html

wihtn this

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/alpine- ... kbird.html

will do nav ,usb , ipod , BT .

ok so you know what your doing at least , id still reommend bining the bose sub for a small proper one though.

there are plenty of units that will do everything i one bar card slots but tbh your best with an ipod or as harddrive, hardrive being the cheatest and saves mesing about wiht itune sand video on the ipod.

pioneer seem to be the best all in ones out there , kenwood do some i dont think theyre higher end units have sat nav so youd need the add on , with your budget id be tempted by the alpines , they will need add ons for both B and nav but the i tihnk the new nav add in also add BT and unlike others physically slots inot the front of the HU !

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/alpine-iva-w505r.html

wihtn this

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/alpine- ... kbird.html

will do nav ,usb , ipod , BT .

Cheers yokomo i actually have looked in to that system quite a bit and i like the optional plug-in alpine navi, gives you alot more flexibility!

But i dont think it has tv? Or do you have to have the tuner added in seperately?

Blue ray is not possible at the moment as they "claim" the costs are too high at the moment to incorporate such playback.

I was looking for the same functionality also.....

you wont find any of the name brands wiht TV already on baord only the cheapy ebay jobies (having said that a friends has just got sucha china ebay job and it works rather well)

youl have to get a seperate DVB tuner plenty about but they are way overpriced so if you can non ICE branded one it will be muhc better value (alpine , pionner kenwood are all £200 + for just a tuner)