Disappointing day.......

Digsy

Well today should have been wheels and tyres day. :dry: I was like a kid at Christmas last night looking forward to it but it didn't go quite as planned........

Despite having a heavy week and needing a lie in, the chap at Demon Tweeks in Wrexham who sold me the wheels told me to get there at 8.30 am so I wouldn't be waiting all day. So hauled myself out of bed at 7 am and headed off to Wales with no brekkie. Pissing rain and a hairy moment where the ESP only just kept me on the island made the 1 hour journey a bit more interesting. Got there to find the anticipated rush had not materialised and there was only me and guy with a Jag X-type getting his tyres changed.

Alarm bells started when they couldn't find a job sheet for me and it soon became apparent that this was because my 2 front tyres hadn't turned up. Why hadn't they called me yesterday???? :rant: No-one could tell me because the guy I have been dealing with wasn't in today. What complete bollox!!

Anyway they weren't able to offer any solutions (and indeed didn't really tax themselves to think of any) but said I could still have my exhaust fitted (how kind). Problem was I'd needed a hand getting it there and it (and my brother) wasn't due to arrive for another 30 mins..... Bugger!

Anyway got it fitted (about an hour or so) and they wisely didn't ask me for any cash. It was sheeting down when I got in the car so I could only give it the most cursory of glances but when I got it home the right tailpipe is slightly but still obviously higher than the left. :angry:

To cap it all the jury's still out for me on the exhaust itself. It's a Nismo and you only have to scan this forum to see that it is universally raved about. I'd understood it to be very much like the standard set up but louder. The reality of mine is that it's a bit louder up until 3000rpm when it suddenly booms but then between 4000 and 6000rpm it seems to settle back to what I'd expected - a louder, richer version of stock. It's the boom at 3k that's bothering me - it sounds a little chavvy and coincides with about 80-85 mph which is where I tend to cruise on motorways (I'm a slowcoach, I know :p ). Maybe I just need to get used to it but I wouldn't mind some reassurance from others that they're all like that.

Anyway, moan over, but suffice to say my belief in Santa has been rocked for the moment!

Well today should have been wheels and tyres day. :dry: I was like a kid at Christmas last night looking forward to it but it didn't go quite as planned........

Despite having a heavy week and needing a lie in, the chap at Demon Tweeks in Wrexham who sold me the wheels told me to get there at 8.30 am so I wouldn't be waiting all day. So hauled myself out of bed at 7 am and headed off to Wales with no brekkie. Pissing rain and a hairy moment where the ESP only just kept me on the island made the 1 hour journey a bit more interesting. Got there to find the anticipated rush had not materialised and there was only me and guy with a Jag X-type getting his tyres changed.

Alarm bells started when they couldn't find a job sheet for me and it soon became apparent that this was because my 2 front tyres hadn't turned up. Why hadn't they called me yesterday???? :rant: No-one could tell me because the guy I have been dealing with wasn't in today. What complete bollox!!

Anyway they weren't able to offer any solutions (and indeed didn't really tax themselves to think of any) but said I could still have my exhaust fitted (how kind). Problem was I'd needed a hand getting it there and it (and my brother) wasn't due to arrive for another 30 mins..... Bugger!

Anyway got it fitted (about an hour or so) and they wisely didn't ask me for any cash. It was sheeting down when I got in the car so I could only give it the most cursory of glances but when I got it home the right tailpipe is slightly but still obviously higher than the left. :angry:

To cap it all the jury's still out for me on the exhaust itself. It's a Nismo and you only have to scan this forum to see that it is universally raved about. I'd understood it to be very much like the standard set up but louder. The reality of mine is that it's a bit louder up until 3000rpm when it suddenly booms but then between 4000 and 6000rpm it seems to settle back to what I'd expected - a louder, richer version of stock. It's the boom at 3k that's bothering me - it sounds a little chavvy and coincides with about 80-85 mph which is where I tend to cruise on motorways (I'm a slowcoach, I know :p ). Maybe I just need to get used to it but I wouldn't mind some reassurance from others that they're all like that.

Anyway, moan over, but suffice to say my belief in Santa has been rocked for the moment!

Nismo zorsts are rubbish mate :thumbdown:

I'll give ya £300 for it :D

Nismo zorsts are rubbish mate :thumbdown:

I'll give ya £300 for it :D

Dream on, baby! :D

i know how you feel digsy, tyres arrived yesterday local ats said they would fit them for me,when i dropped them off they said come back in 1 hour which i did but they were still in the boxes, could not get your flush fit valves to fit, i showed them how to fit them and said i would pick them up this morning, again still in the boxes, would not fit them now because the 4 inch rim ment they would need to fit them upside down and could not guarantee the work with out damaging the rim,two other tyre fitters refused as i had not bought the tyres from them,local high Q did them and took a lot of care will use them again turns out the guys father in law has just picked his z up so left him a card.

got them home and waited for the rain to stop but would still not fit firstly the stud in the brake disc is in the way been told to just take it out not really needed secondly the inserts in the back of the wheels is the wrong size will have to wait until tuesday,sorry its a long thread and any advice on removing the stud would be welcome.

max.

what wheels would you want to buy from Demon Tweeks ???? curious to see the pics mate :)

I'll remain mysterious for the moment but they did have some nice stuff down there - OZ, PIAA, Kahn, Momo etc. Oh and some chav crap too! ;)

Digsy,

Sorry to hear about the trauma day mate. One tip I'd say is to just give yourself a few days with the exhaust before you make a decision. I was exactly the same initially with the DC, but now I love it and don't notice any booming etc.....

Either that I now love it, OR I've gone deaf! ;)

You're spot on with that, Mark. Even on a short run today it sounded better and less boomy to me. I think I may just learn to love it. :teeth:

However, the misery isn't quite over. Opened the passenger door to Kat's Micra to find the Nismo had been rubbing the cheap, crappy plastic on the door card and has left a load of nasty scratches. Apparently, I have to grovel....... :dry:

You're spot on with that, Mark. Even on a short run today it sounded better and less boomy to me. I think I may just learn to love it. :teeth:

However, the misery isn't quite over. Opened the passenger door to Kat's Micra to find the Nismo had been rubbing the cheap, crappy plastic on the door card and has left a load of nasty scratches. Apparently, I have to grovel....... :dry:

:headhurt: nothing worse than scratching a ladies car

:headhurt: nothing worse than scratching a ladies car

What about scratching your car :headhurt:

Hope you get all your frustrations sorted soon mate :)