Gumball 2006 - Write up and pics!!!!

Sarnie

Evening Gentlemen :)

*** Warning - Lots of pics ***

I don't really know where to start. I attended my first meet today which was the Gumball 2006 organised by Afreemason, to whom we owe may thanks. :yahoo:

I have only ever owned 3 cars in my life and two of them have been Zeds :teeth: I always associated cars meets with either chavved up Nova's or 80 yr old gents with restored Triumph Stags :scare: I never knew what to expect and was a bit daunted when I saw off.

The meeting place was Great Central Railway in Quorn, Leicestershire. Reading through the thread posts I expected about 50 cars in a car park all revving engines and talking car gobbledegoop :wacko:

This was my view when I arrived: :scare:

Gumball2006002.jpg

To be fair though it was my fault. I thought the meet time was 9am which actually turned out to be departure time :blush: (I did spend 20 mins twitching at the curtains looking at the rain trying to decide whether to go or not :surrender: ) Good old Afreemason called me and said he would wait for me to arrive which was very good of him :thumbs: Whilst on this point can I just say how :wub: his zed is! Those rims, skirts and spoiler are gorgeous :)

Off we went anyway in our 2 man convoy on to Burton to catch up with the rest of the guys! Along the way Afreemans Sat Nav Lost his signal which, as he was leading the way, was hilarious :lol: Eventually arrived at the Hotel car park where everyone was assembled, to see an array of Supra's and zeds :D

Parked up and was firstly greeted by DJ350 from the OC :bye: And then some guy with a dodgy foreign accent came up and shouted 'YOU EXIST' :scare: Cheeeky bugger that Val is :bleh: All in all I think there was about 14 Supra's, 5 Zed's and a Sierra Cozzie kinda thing.

As you can see the weather wasn't great:

Gumball2006003.jpg

3 White old Skool Supra's:

Gumball2006004.jpg

Gumball2006005.jpg

Val's Zed and Baldieman's Sunset:

Gumball2006006.jpg

From another angle:

Gumball2006007.jpg

Eventually, we set off for the next destination in Shropshire, with a chorus of Supra exhausts which were in danger of shattering the surrounding windows :scare::bose: Afreemason had planned a nice scenic route via Rugeley, Stafford and Newport along some nice A Roads. Obviously this was not the quickest route but the desired one to give us a drive out to remember! We set off along the A38 and the Supra boys were all plodding along at 45 mph on the inside lane which the zed boys obviously didn't fancy doing: :thumbdown:

Gumball2006010.jpg

Gratuitous mirror shot:

Gumball2006009.jpg

Another, check out the zeds:

Gumball2006011.jpg

A vid in which you can kind of hear Vals Millitek zorst :wub:

http://s59.photobucket.com/albums/g319/ ... oy2026.flv

After about 20 mins the Supra boys are no where to be seen :blush: Where did they go? The correct way is the answer :surrender: Our dear friend Val who was majestically leading the way did not bother to look at the map or the directions and instead types in the post code of the pub we were heading to in Shropshire which takes us directly there, missing out all of the scenic venues, and along the lovely roads that are otherwise known as MOTORWAYS :scare::thumbdown::lol:

We eventually make it onto the M54 and Baldieman spots a non convoy zed going into the services and takes us all in their to try and card it. The next 20 mins is spent pawing over some poor guys zed with Afreemason and Val battling to stick their spotted cards in the most prominent position :lol: Heres a quick Vid of the Newbie's Kuro zed:

th_22005.jpg :yahoo:

Took a few more pics at the services:

Gumball2006013.jpg

Gumball2006012.jpg

This is us blocking the exit to the services as we waited for Afreemason to refuel :D :

get%20rid%20of%20the%20number%20plates%20for%20this%20pic%20mate...

We set off then for the pub to have lunch :drive1

Another mirror shot. With Ultra Yellow being the fastest colour all the other zeds are behind me :teeth::p

Gumball2006015.jpg

With my car being the fastest (colour) I was out in front which mean't I did not realise when we had reached the destination untill checking my mirrors to see that I was missing 4 zeds :scare: A quick U- turn and all was well :) Arrived at the pub to the news that one of the Supra boys had had a crash :surrender: Fortunately he turned up in one piece, a bit ruffled but not car/life threatening :thumbs:

Car park pic:

Gumball2006016.jpg

Stayed for about an hour or so and food and drink was enjoyed by all :D

Drove for about an hour or two down some nice windy roads which was a nice change from the Motorways B)

Eventually arrived at Afreemasons place and he had us all in one of his fields!!

Gumball2006017.jpg

And

Gumball2006018.jpg

The best bit was watching Val trying to get his zed onto the field :lol: His skirts and front lip were actually touching the floor due to the loong grass in the field :p After numerous frantic minutes Val was happy that all was ok.

Last vid (focus plays up a bit but you get the idea!)

th_Gumball2006-AtAfreemasons029.jpg

Unfortunately this was where my day ended. Had to leave to go do the girlfriend thing before she went to work. The rest of the guys headed off to attempt a BBQ and I'm sure they will be along shortly to fill you in on all the evening shennanigans :scare:

Can I just say a big thank you to Afreemason for all his efforts today and also to everyone else who attended and extended their warmest welcomes to the meet virgin!!!! Thoroughly enjoyed the day, the food, the driving and the company! See you all soon!!

PS Got my stickers off Val as well :yahoo::lol:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good write up sarnie :thumbs: , looked a good day, shame about the weather :thumbdown: .

Weather was proper rubbish. Spent 3 hours cleaning the zed yesterday for nothing :scare:

Is the private plate a new thing? looks smart

Yes and no. I had the plate on my old Kuro and its taken about 8 weeks to transfer all the docs over etc :scare: Only cost me £250 and virtually spells my name perfectly :thumbs: Liam's Z has one similar ;)

Guest prescience
Bloody hell, Sarnie, what a great post - not like you at all! :p

Glad you enjoyed your day. Now that you've popped your cherry (in the rain :scare: ) I hope that your a definite for Wales. :thumbs:

I thought you were a ringer; well you made it easy to believe same

Glad i was mistaken :)

great report mate! nice to meet you finally, you are a nice bloke in real life! :lol:

thanks to Glyn and well done on the mansion/farm/zoo you now have! 1 horse, x chicken, 6 cats, 2 rabbits, any more? :teeth:

my pics are here: http://www.350z-uk.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=107

would you believe it, I've broken my front lip once again, coming out of the ****ing field! :rant: and baldieman even offered to guide me out of the field, and I sd naaa I'll be ok!

I will have to have a rethink, that front lip is just too low for anything :dry:

Glad you enjoyed your day. Now that you've popped your cherry (in the rain :scare: ) I hope that your a definite for Wales. :thumbs:

A bloody ringer!!!!!!!!!!!! 1800 posts and still you thought i was a bloody ringer :lol:

great report mate! nice to meet you finally, you are a nice bloke in real life! :lol:

thanks to Glyn and well done on the mansion/farm/zoo you now have! 1 horse, x chicken, 6 cats, 2 rabbits, any more? :teeth:

my pics are here: http://www.350z-uk.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=107

would you believe it, I've broken my front lip once again, coming out of the ****ing field! :rant: and baldieman even offered to guide me out of the field, and I sd naaa I'll be ok!

I will have to have a rethink, that front lip is just too low for anything :dry:

Bloody hell mate your camera makes my car look like a bloody solar flare its that bright :scare:B)

Guest prescience

A bloody ringer!!!!!!!!!!!! 1800 posts and still you thought i was a bloody ringer :lol:

I remain watchful always :)

I remain watchful always :)

You seriously thought i was a ringer?

Guest prescience

Well, I detected that you activated your OC account at 14:07 today.

That was a surprise seeing as you were gumballing?

Well, I detected that you activated your OC account at 14:07 today.

That was a surprise seeing as you were gumballing?

:scare::scare::scare:

1) How did you detect that?

2) How can that of been when I was in Shropshire?

Proper paranoid now!!!

Think I have worked it out. I was online this morning, both here and the OC, getting the directions etc. I left the site windows open and disconnected the broadband connection and left for the Gumball. I have just spoke to my Mrs and she used the laptap this afternoon so I assume when she connected to the internet both pages became live again hence the activation of the OC account. I'm sure this account would show the same, anyway of checking?

Don't like be called a ringer :blush: