Where is it coming from?

Cheesypuff

I recently noticed a squaeky/creaky kinda sound coming from the passenger side of the car primarily when I go over speed humps but occasionally much more quietly on very bumpy roads at low speed. My first reaction was its suspension related, so I got my bro to stand beside the car while I drove slowly over a hump. He couldnt hear anything from the outside while it was clearly audible inside so then I thought maybe its just an interior/trim noise as surely if it was something outside the cabin it would be louder outside the cabin would it not???. I then noticed that if I drove over the hump at an angle rather than straight on it didnt make the noise or only very very slightly.

I pride myself on being able to identify where noises are coming from, dash rattles have become a speciality but this has me stumped. If anyones got any suggestions as to what it could be I would be glad to hear them.

I'm also suffering squeaky brakes at the mo but new pads and shims are on the way so I may get the suspension checked when theyre fitted.

If it's as you've described it's probably ARB droplinks :surrender: ..... if it's a rattle it'll be the dreaded banana bar :scare:

Definately not a rattle, a squeaky sound. Are the droplinks a big job to change? Can they not just be lubricated if in good condition or do they only tend to squeak if totally knackerred?

I will tell you..................... had this problem and what a fricking annoying noise it is.... :lol:

Wanna know?

its the small rubber door plug..... apply some silicone grease to it and hey presto gone......

Open the door and look along the insode of the door near the door lock, there will be your offending squeaker. :thumbs:

I will tell you..................... had this problem and what a fricking annoying noise it is.... :lol:

Wanna know?

its the small rubber door plug..... apply some silicone grease to it and hey presto gone......

Open the door and look along the insode of the door near the door lock, there will be your offending squeaker. :thumbs:

It does sound like rubber on metal, will give it a go.

Wanna know?

It does sound like rubber on metal, will give it a go.

keep us posted :thumbs:

Thanks Zugara, although you werent quite right about what it was your post has lead to me finding it :thumbs:

I checked your thread regarding the noise and it was mentioned there were also two rubber stops on the tailgate, so I lubed em up and hey presto noise is gone!

Made my weekend :yahoo:

Thanks Zugara, although you werent quite right about what it was your post has lead to me finding it :thumbs:

I checked your thread regarding the noise and it was mentioned there were also two rubber stops on the tailgate, so I lubed em up and hey presto noise is gone!

Made my weekend :yahoo:

didnt know about tail gate, i aint got one! I am driving a roadster. :yahoo: