Why can't I snap my centre console trim in?

kazman

I noticed the other day that my centre console trim that holds the gauges in was not fully snapped in on the right hand side by the windscreen. It always used to be snapped in fine, but I have had the trim out several times what with changing the stereo and then chasing a bad earth.

Anyway, I had the trim out again today but can't get the right hand corner of the centre console to push flush with the trim that runs along the windscreen. The left hand side is fine. The clips do not look damaged, they just simply do not seek to want to mate up with the socket.

I have also found that if I tighten up the two screw at the base of the centre trim (where the lower trim overlaps it), then the centre trim distorts so bad it unclips along the whole length of the windscreen.

Can anybody give advice on what I should he looking at? I don't think it's a knackered clip because the problem becomes far worse when I tighten those lower screws. Having said that I can't understand what would he pulling tight - maybe the centre console on the stereo unit itself?

If anybody has had this problem I would really appreciate some advice as I'm at a bit of a loss.

Thanks!

Take a breather and go at it when you are calmer and less :drunk:

you must be putting it back wrong for it not to go in or something is sliding in the way ;)

FYI: The top of the console should slide and hook itself to the dash trim after you have connect the gauges clips at the back, then the rest should fall in place and bolted securely :p

Thanks guys, I'm sure your right. The annoying thing is I have already had it all out once and it was no better. Like you say though, there is prob a wire or a bit of crap in the way. Will get someone to help me with it so when I push it up towards the windscreen they can see if the gap I have is being taken up or not. If it is then I have a knackered clip I assume?

More likely it is what you have said though.

i have had my console in and out and gone back to it different days and tried loads of times and it wont clip back in, hopefully yours in an easy fix but mine is an ongoing pain in the a$$

is yours not clipping in at one of the top corners also? I can see the two little pips protruding on mine, there is about 2mm of daylight.

mines not going in properly at the top and the side clips arent holding in properly either, i broke one and lost one trying to sort it too so that doesnt help.

got spare clips now just havent got round to doing it yet. think R35LEE is gonna have a look for me when i'm getting something else sorted, he is a bit of a zed guru, he changed a cracked interior panel in about 3 seconds.