How can I get my tyres black again?

Bundus

My tyres look like they have gone a shade of brown over the course of their life. If I put some tyre gloss on them then they go a lovely black but it lasts all of about an hour before it fades to brown patches then finally brown all over.

Is there anything short of painting the tyre wall with black paint that I can do to restore them permanently? Or at least something that isnt so expensive that I can use it more regularly?

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers guys!

What sort of tyre gloss do you use?

Give the tyres a good scrub! The brown will be an accumulation of old tyre gloss and crud.

I give the tyres a spray regularly with my bilberry and a scrub with my wheel back brush or a nail brush would be good. Then a hose off, dry and apply gloss. :thumbs:

Cheers for the replies guys.

At the moment Im using a turtle wax product as it was what I had lying around. I dont mind investing in some better stuff but it sounds like they need a clean more then anything else.

Can I clean them using my wheel brush or should I use something else?

Think I'll give the megs stuff a go as I like their products but I'll check prices on all the recommended stuff.

I think Im gonna get myself a bottle of Megs APC, some Blackfire and a hefty brush. Thanks for all the advice guys.

Anyone know where I can get all that lot from at a good price? I know google is my best friend but if you can recommend anyone in particular that would be great.

Cheers :thumbs:

Polishedbliss.co.uk you should get everything you need from there.The apc comes in 5 ltr bottles you will need a smaller bottle with a foaming trigger,think they sell those aswell.

Cheers mate - its all ordered. Will let you guys know how I get on and get some pics up of the results.