Front Bumper - Lopsided!!!

Rubber

Hi all,

Had a bit of an incident in my car park this morning :doh:

There are a couple of reserved parking spaces that have those metal bollards that you can put up. I was using one of these spaces to get some purchase on a 3-point-turn. Basically I drive over it (which I haven't tried before) but alas the Zed is too low to clear one of these damn things :( Its not even lowered! Bit of a scraping sound followed by more horrible scraping as I gingerly reversed off it! Don't you hate it when that happens!

Anyway I had a look at the damage and it appears that the metal bit of the bollard pointing up scraped the drivers side about 6 inches in from the edge. Looks like I have broken two of the spring clips on the undersideside - no big beal I suppose. However, the panel gap has also opened up on the outside of the drivers headlight. Looking at the Wiki for the bumper removal it looks like I have probably damaged the "bumper side bracket" (no 9).

http://www.350z-tech.com/zwiki/Front_Bumper_Removal

It will be next weekend before I have a go at fixing this. What do you suggest? Take the bumper off and bend the bracket back into shape or get a new bracket??? Do I need to take the whole bumper off? Any consumables that I should buy in advance eg clips etc?

Hopefully there should be some pics attached below...

Thanks - Chris

SDC12952-1.jpg

Here is the nut hanging down underneath - I'm sure we can get this back in with some new spring clips.

SDC12954-1.jpg

Excuse the flys all over the bumper! Just had a mad burn all over Aberdeenshire on the Saturday in the nice weather! :thumbs:

SDC12955-1.jpg

the clips will all go back in properly provided they aren't or you don't break them taking them out, so you shouldnt need to buy anymore

taking the front bumper off is a pretty easy job, i would jack up the front end though else it will be a complete pain.