Creaky rear warranty problem.....

Roo

Ok so I took the car in to the local Nissan Garage for some warranty work.(Gas struts and creaking rear end)

They have been brilliant and took control of sorting it out with the warranty company.

Problem is that the Warranty company has agreed t cough up for the gas struts but wont pay for the creaking noise to be fixed.

Nissan has diagnosed it as a problem with the drive shaft (Race bearing?) but the warranty company are claiming that as nothing has actually failed (i can only assume the wheels have to fall off) they are not liable for the repair costs.

Both Nissan and me are of the opinion that it is rediculous that the waranty company are claiming that the unit has to fail entirely before they replace it as no doubt this could cause more damage.

So - has anyone had a similar problem and what are the risks of the unit failing?

Nissan are going to talk to their technician tomorrow and find out if they strip the unit down will they be able to demonstrate their is a failed component. And are happy to back me up, they are not happy the warranty company is basically accusing them of making out something is wrong when it isnt.

Warranty Company have said if they can prove it is a failed component they will reconsider the claim. So has something failed??

Can any one advise - could it be something else?

- What would the risks of not getting it repaired

- What is the best approach with the warranty company?

I should point out the warranty comapny are not all bad have already offered to replace struts at full cost and have been very polite if a bit dumb...

Creaking rear will be your anti roll bar end links, definitely. You can pick aftermarket replacements at £30 for a pair, but would suggest uprating them so that they never fail. ZMANALEX sells the uprated versions on here. Should be an easy job for any garage to swap them - is just 2 bolts on each side. Whole job with uprated parts should be under £150.

Does the creaking specifically occur when going very slowly, or reversing on a slight hill? That is the biggest giveaway...

all i would add from experience is dont drive the car untill its sorted :lol:

i believe the process is to get the item removed and inspected by an engineer from the warranty company if they choose to send one. then a decision will be made.

Ok so I took the car in to the local Nissan Garage for some warranty work.(Gas struts and creaking rear end)

They have been brilliant and took control of sorting it out with the warranty company.

Problem is that the Warrnty company has agreed t cough up for the gas struts but wont pay for the creaking noise to be fixed.

Nissan has diagnosed it as a problem with the drive shaft (Race bearing?) but the warranty company are claiming that as nothing has actually failed (i can only assume the wheels have to fall off) they are not liable for the repair costs.

Both Nissan and me are of the opinion that it is rediculous that the waranty company are claiming that the unit has to fail entirely before they replace it as no doubt this could cause more damage.

So - has anyone had a similar problem and what are the risks of the unit failing?

Nissan are going to talk to their technician tomorrow and find out if they strip the unit down will they be able to demonstrate their is a failed component. And are happy to back me up, they are not happy the warranty company is basically accusing them of making out something is wrong when it isnt.

Warranty Company have said if they can prove it is a failed component they will reconsider the claim. So has something failed??

Can any one advise - could it be something else?

- What would the risks of not getting it repaired

- What is the best approach with the warranty company?

I should point out the warranty comapny are not all bad have already offered to replace struts at full cost and have been very polite if a bit dumb...

Surprisingly your Nissan garage sound like they know how to handle a warranty company. They just need to show when they strip it down that something HAS failed / find something broken ;):thumbs:

On the other hand surely the first port of call for 'creaking' is the droplinks? I'm no techie though :lol:

agreed on the drop links, nissan will get you ones that will do you fine as they redesigned them later on making them far more robust than the old versions, they are twice the size with a far better weather seal :thumbs:

all i would add from experience is dont drive the car untill its sorted :lol:

i believe the process is to get the item removed and inspected by an engineer from the warranty company if they choose to send one. then a decision will be made.

Accordinng to nissan they did send an inspector out. He didn't asked for it to be stripped, just listened to the creaking noise and basically agreed with their tech.

Sounds like the desk jockeys have made the decision possibly...