Grr - Crappy dealer! Moan moan

Matt C

My Zed has just been at the dealer for 24hrs for a creeking rear end when reversing, and corroding Rays...

Verdict - Creeking is glazed rear discs (never heard of creeking rear due to brake glaze), and corrosion on Rays spokes is heavy brake dust. I think not! The wheels are immaculate and cleaned completely weekly!!

They reckon they have only had 1 Zed this year with corroding wheels, and it is not an issue.

Anyone think tyhis sounds plausable?!

My Zed has just been at the dealer for 24hrs for a creeking rear end when reversing, and corroding Rays...

Verdict - Creeking is glazed rear discs (never heard of creeking rear due to brake glaze), and corrosion on Rays spokes is heavy brake dust. I think not! The wheels are immaculate and cleaned completely weekly!!

They reckon they have only had 1 Zed this year with corroding wheels, and it is not an issue.

Alright Matt!! Sounds like crap to me can't see that they can pass off corrosion by saying its brake dust. Likewise think they've fobbed you off with the creak, imo its 1 of 2 things - either the old clicking CV joints or the rear strut bar (more likely if its a creak rather than a click), if its the strut you'll need to take off the plastics and pack it out with something, pretty sure Val has done a guide to this.

Hi Matt

My brother in law bought some after market 19" for his Volvo and they corroded badly within 6 months.

He cleaned them up and we went back and they changed them for him then and there!!

Now if a wheel shop can do it then so can a Main Stealership.

Standing in the shop and talking about why you wouldn't buy another Nissan in a clear loud voice in front of prospective customers usually gets a response from someone in a position to make a decision.

As for GLAZED discs. BOLLOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They might scrape/fade/judder/ even cause a steering wobble but CREAK!! Never.

Stand your ground and politely say that you will be submitting a complaint and ask for an address to send the bill when you have had someone independant fix it because of their ineptitude and inability to diagnose even a simple problem like yours.

Like Lomoto says

I keep away from the useless BAST*RDS

I am pretty sure nowadays that warranty work does not have to go back to the main dealer and can go to any registered garage and the main delaer pays.

Worth a check with a decent independant garage.

If its right its a great lever to get the Stealership to do what you want them to do!

Ming the (not) surprised

Have been to another dealer....

Couldn't find any issue on the ramp, when rather than assuming I am another tosser of a customer, we went out for a road test and found the noise.

It is coming from the rear off side spring and wishbone!! So it is booked in, and the dealer are goin to keep the car until it is fixed...

I also asked to show the service manager the corroding wheels, but he said he had already seen them, its a common problem, and they will get it sorted out! He did say there would be no issue getting it sorted, which is good news, but also added that it would be MY wheels getting refurbed, not another random set. Apparently the first car they ever had a problem with was a GT4, and Nissan put a stop on fitting new wheels, and only supply refurbs... at least therefurbs will be mine, so I know what is going back on!

Thought you guys would find that useful info....

I must also recommend Coventry dealer too... very good indeed. Even bought me a coffee!

:thumbs:

Absolute ar*e - My stealer (Marshall's - Cambridge) are doing replacement refurbs on 3 cars that I know of that have corrosion, plus mine is going to join the queue. What they do is take a picture and send it off to Nissan CS, who then give the go-ahead. There is about an 8 week lead time though but Nissan should come through for you and make good. Just dont let the b*stards grind you down!

Graham

I have light corrosion on my Rays but the previous owner has kerbeb them. Will a dealer still look at that or would they be just shoo me away?

My previous car dealer (lexus) got me a brand knew set with no questions at all. Brilliant!

I have light corrosion on my Rays but the previous owner has kerbeb them. Will a dealer still look at that or would they be just shoo me away?

My previous car dealer (lexus) got me a brand knew set with no questions at all. Brilliant!

Dealers try that trick of saying they wont replace due to kerbing but that is a brush-off. You are entitled to replacements regardless of kerbing and I know people on the other site have had their's replaced with kerbing. Fight your corner - corrosion is not a sympton of kerbing.

G