change in car tax rules

Jester350GT

I know this won't apply to many here, but I'm just so happy I'm posting it everywhere :yahoo:

'From 1 April 2010, cars that emit more than 225g/km CO2 that were registered in the UK on or after 23rd March 2006 but first registered abroad before that date will no longer be taxed in bands L or M.

As this change applies to your vehicle, your tax band has changed to band K for the forthcoming future which means that your tax has decreased significantly.

Please note that the road tax cost may increase or decrease every year as a result of the Budget. Please be aware that decisions on Budget announcements are a matter for the Chancellor of the Exchequer.

I hope this information is helpful'

Dropped from £400 to £235

Change is from 1st April.

Funny thing is I have a reply to an email I sent to DVLA in March complaining about the differences between the SVA and IVA tests and the difference that can make to the tax amount. The reply basiclly says tough @*!# and there's nothing we can do...then 3 weeks later its reduced by £200 because of this change lol

will this have an effect on the 04 and 05 cars (aint they 255 quid at the moment, so would make them MORE expensive than the newer, higher performance cars)

or am i talking arse?

good news tho!.

edit... ignore.. :bang::bangin: ................. should have read properly, so it is for older import cars it effects not new cars.

oh well....