Problem with 20mm spacer

Vanilo

Not sure anyone has this problem, I start hearing strange noise from the wheels with the spacers after driving it hard. I had the same noise before because of the nuts was not tighten enough. The problem is I can't go over 30lbs (with torque-wench) as the nuts are not strong enough. It seems I will have to redo the spacer nuts every few weeks... :/

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Whats the make of the spacers etc?

I'm sure the torque settings are on here - viewtopic.php?f=20&t=34638&hilit=spacers+torque

Looking at this it says the torque should be 105 to 110 lbft so you are WAY off if the info there is correct.

And do you honestly 'drive it hard' (or at all) knowing that the bolts loosen off? That is possibly the most irresponsible thing I've heard this year...... :scare::scare:

Whats the make of the spacers etc?

I'm sure the torque settings are on here - viewtopic.php?f=20&t=34638&hilit=spacers+torque

Looking at this it says the torque should be 105 to 110 lbft so you are WAY off if the info there is correct.

And do you honestly 'drive it hard' (or at all) knowing that the bolts loosen off? That is possibly the most irresponsible thing I've heard this year...... :scare::scare:

+1 on irresponsible, even down right negligent :thumbdown:

According to the torque gudie at my local tyre fitters (got new tyres last week) the correct torque is 110-114 lb-ft.

Thanks for the replies. I used to do trackday & drifting almost every week and I believe going sideway will put quite a lot of pressure to the wheels compare to normal driving. If I remember the torque settings for the wheel nuts is 110nm which is 80lbs so the nuts need to be more tighen than the wheel. :o I use the same socket as the OEM wheel nuts or I should use different socket size?

Mine are done to 110lb and I've never had a problem with them. Whenever I check them they are all tight. I'm guessing they are not Eibach spacers? There seem to be cheaper versions coming onto the market place and personally, I wouldn't trust them... :surrender: