Thoughts?

stevo1179

I'm now entering the market for a Zed, have around £9k (not much I realise). I would ideally like a uk car, though I'm aware of the differences between that and an import, not to clear on the drawbacks (if any). Another avenue is a cat c/d repair, obviously pending a thorough inspection. Don't wish to have one with over 60k, would prefer GT pack, am I being realistic?

thanks

Steve

You should be able to get what your after in your budget if you get an import.

Mines an import non GT ... best car ive ever had, the main difference really is the exhaust 'which most people uprate anyway' and the fact they are limited to 113mph 'but most people are looking at remapping for approx £350 anyway'

Apart from that they are pretty similar, just be sensible when buying... mine was imported with 4k on so ive got a good history with it

:thumbs:

You should be able to get what your after in your budget if you get an import.

Mines an import non GT ... best car ive ever had, the main difference really is the exhaust 'which most people uprate anyway' and the fact they are limited to 113mph 'but most people are looking at remapping for approx £350 anyway'

Apart from that they are pretty similar, just be sensible when buying... mine was imported with 4k on so ive got a good history with it

:thumbs:

Another thing that's slightly different is the electrics (correct me if I'm wrong) ... It's not major differences but I'm sure there have been threads on the subject ...

Oh yeah .. and only specifc OBDII readers work on them ...

:blush:

My JDM is for sale for £8k (see my sig), but its non-GT and got 66k... so not really what you want... :lol:

But you'd have change for some mods ;)

Absolutely no drawbacks about getting an import... i prefer the rear bumper. :thumbs:

My JDM is for sale for £8k (see my sig), but its non-GT and got 66k... so not really what you want... :lol:

But you'd have change for some mods ;)

Absolutely no drawbacks about getting an import... i prefer the rear bumper. :thumbs:

I could be wrong but isnt insurance a draw back, when i was looking imports were much more to insure...