You help me, I'll help You!!!!!!

captint

Chaps,

I'm working on something that will make purchasingparts from aboard far more cost effective, now this is only to do with the shipping and not the actual equipment. if I am correct and my recent fall off my chair UPS experience tells me I am then, you could all benefit massivley. In order to achieve what I need, I require some feedback and data from you guys, such as;

How much did you pay to ship, what from where to where, how much did it weigh and how big was it etc.

I know this is alot to ask, but i really think I may be able to help smash prices and make group and individual buys far more attractive.

Let me know what you think and please send me some data

Cheers :D

Chaps,

I'm working on something that will make purchasingparts from aboard far more cost effective, now this is only to do with the shipping and not the actual equipment. if I am correct and my recent fall off my chair UPS experience tells me I am then, you could all benefit massivley. In order to achieve what I need, I require some feedback and data from you guys, such as;

How much did you pay to ship, what from where to where, how much did it weigh and how big was it etc.

I know this is alot to ask, but i really think I may be able to help smash prices and make group and individual buys far more attractive.

Let me know what you think and please send me some data

Cheers :D

Sounds great. I personally haven't shipped anything big from the states yet, but I have a recent up to date quote from some wheels I was looking at purchasing. Its on my email so will pick up and ship over later......

Should at least give you an idea as had a screenshot from UPS website on it that they were using......

Will that help?

Yeah that would be great, to give you an Idea, whilst looking on Nissan Performance parts, I looked at buying an HKS exhaust and JWT pop charger, total cost (exc taxes) $1590 , fantastic I thought, then went to shipping and the shipping was $1520 on top Holly sh)t I said. A bit of shouting aroung the office, I could get it door to door £130.

Thats a big diffence and that's without trying

I've just started a group buy for stuff from states. As soon as Paul updates me with shipping fees i'll let you know :)

Between you saving us money on shipping, and myself on exchange rates, group buys could be a steal very shortly :)

yeah i paid about $400 for a set of wheels only. Bax

the issue imo is also how to dodge the taxman as much as possible :teeth:

but every effort is HUGELY appreciated

if people from Australia can ship bodykit parts FREE anywhere in the world ( and they have competitive prices already, admittedly via sea but still... )...

Remember free shipping is like Interest free finance, you are already paying for it, dodging the tax man is the hard part, but then thats what general tariff headings are for. And in theory if you are smart you cut your own commercial invoice at a lower value and hence payless VAT and zero duty :headhurt::headhurt:

Think I paid $70ish for my porter cable polisher + SFX kit + a few jars of cleaning products.

Parcel2go's US mail forwarding service charges the following:

Shipping Charges:

0-5 kilos £29.50

5-10 kilos £42.99

10-15 kilos £57.99

15-25 kilos £74.99

25-30 kilos £109.99

30-40 kilos £124.99

40-50 kilos £149.99

50-70 kilos £189.99

70-100 kilos £219.99

over 100 kilos £2.19 per kilo

Thanks for the feedback so far chaps

for the rest of you, come on, don't leave me hanging, Just think if this came off you could buy a Zorst and Plenium for the old price of the the Zorst alone

Garlic bread its the future, I've seen it!! :yahoo: