Fuel Tank Vacuum?

TRiLoGY

Hi this is my first post, so go easy on me :)

I recently bought a Yellow 350z GT4 (which I love!!) and have a question about the Fuel Tank.

Whenever I undo the Petrol Cap, air rushes in (at least I think it's rushing in) as if there is a Vacuum inisde the tank. Is this normal?

I'm a little worried that my Fuel tank may be damaged or may even collapse under the pressure..

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

:welcome: to the club.

Although I don't know the cause of this it happens to mine as well. This has happened on previous cars I have owned so never really thought about it. Hopefully this is normal.

Put up an intro thread so everyone can say hi. :thumbs:

Not to sound like a geek but its totally normal its air being sucked into the system and filling the space where the fuel used to be. The longer you leave before filling up the louder the noise will be. Hope this helps you out.

Without geeks where would we get all the knowledge from??!! :lol: Good info. :thumbs:

Not to sound like a geek but its totally normal its air being sucked into the system and filling the space where the fuel used to be. The longer you leave before filling up the louder the noise will be. Hope this helps you out.

Without geeks where would we get all the knowledge from??!! :lol: Good info. :thumbs:

Very true!

Thanks for the info :)