What is a ............................

captint

I have been on MY350Z.com and they are talking about spacers and MREVs, what are they? I take it they don't mean wheel spacers?

Would have thought that spacers were wheel spacers..... not sure on MREVs? Isn't there a glossary on that site....... :headhurt:

spacer in this case are PLENUM spacers

MREV's are spacer types sold by motordyne engineering. (I think they are for the 300ps engines? )

instead of buying a brand new plenum to increase air capacity, you stick a spacer in between with the same results. That's what i'll be doing soon too.

MREV's are spacer types sold by motordyne engineering. (I think they are for the 300ps engines? )

instead of buying a brand new plenum to increase air capacity, you stick a spacer in between with the same results. That's what i'll be doing soon too.

Do you have to do without strut bar if a spacer is fitted?

What do you gain from having an increased air capacity as your still limited by the same size throttle body

Do you have to do without strut bar if a spacer is fitted?

there's 2 types, the 8mm one (they call it 5/16" iirc) keeps the strut bar, and the bigger one really doesn't give extra hp.

What do you gain from having an increased air capacity as your still limited by the same size throttle body

not too sure of the intrinsic mechanics of it but it's been proven over and over again that the plenum or the spacer are about the only NA mod that gives constant gains especially midrange.

The first 2 cylinders are starved for air as opposed to the other 4 (look on APS's website for a picture of the 2 plenums to compare).

I guess a more even airflow to all cylinders gives the gains found