Numberplate LED lighting.....

cfoster

Does anyone know the type of bulb I'd need to replace the current dull numberplate light with a white LED one? I'm working abroad and bored so spending time on ebay buying the niggly bits I never get time to do at home!! Also does the plate have one in the centre above it or two?

do a search on here..i think the rear number plate lights are 501 wedge. It's very easy to swap them over. There are two of them under the boot release latch. One on each side..slide the housing sideways and it comes off. Have a look in the DIY and maintainance section in your manual about how to do it. It's dead easy..took me 5 mins for both lights. :thumbs:

I take it this is the same for the sidelights? Can anyone recommend the best/brightest LEDs? And do the bring on any warning lights for bulb faults?

Think the sidelights are bumper or wheel arch trim off job :thumbdown: I went for these for the rear numberplate

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/4x-New-T10-501-W5 ... 3efe70ba83

No..they don't bring on the engine management light :thumbs:

Sidelight bulbs are in the headlight clusters arent they? If so they come out without removing the bumper!