matte black and carbon??

hotrain69

not thinking about doing it just yet, but as i have a few dings and scratches on the bodywork, am tempted to go for a full wrap in 2 or 3 months time. with Jay's other thread as well, i'm really into the matte look and after seeing a 911 in matte black the other day, it's sort of made up my mind to go for matte black when i do eventually go for it.

then i got thinking, i've got a varis carbon front lip and would like to get a carbon bonnet as well. would these go well with the matte black, or should i wrap over these as well. which would mean there's not much point of me getting a carbon bonnet.

what are everyone's thoughts?

Personally i wouldnt go for a dark matt colour. I did my whole car in carbon and as smart as it looked it lost the shape / lines of the car and looked very dull. The other chap going matt orange should look good as the orange will stay bright. I'm toying with Matt White but later in the year!

Personally i wouldnt go for a dark matt colour. I did my whole car in carbon and as smart as it looked it lost the shape / lines of the car and looked very dull. The other chap going matt orange should look good as the orange will stay bright. I'm toying with Matt White but later in the year!

i understand what you are saying. i guess i have only really seen Andy's matte black on here, but he has quite an agressive bodykit. has anyone else on here done the matte black look? got any other photos?

38158430006_large.jpg

I don't know what it is with matte cars, but I just dont get most of them. Only the odd murcielago. etc looks good with it IMO. However, the world would be a boring place is everyone thought the same.

I think a glossy white wrap or even a purple would look the bee's knees - would certainly turn heads (for the right reasons) and isn't something I've ever seen done in the UK :thumbs:

webdsc0061copy7wa.jpg

webdsc00471df.jpg

dsc00668oa.jpg

:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

yes i agree, and from what i've seen i've liked it, but not seen a great zed to be honest. but since it's only temporary and i've got scratches, i dont think there's any harm in giving it a go.

i'm also thinking about maybe a matte red instead, as i have black and red recaros, think it'll go nicely and also with my carbon bits.

what do you guys think?

If your 100% sure you're going to go for a matte colour, then do anything other than black. Do red or even an orange (and get black wheels) :thumbs:

Black hides the gentle curves of the zed that the sunlight highlights (as you can see above) - it makes it look like a boring blob shape when infact it has very delicate lines (on the rear arches for example, the sun shows they flair out a bit, but no sun bouncing from it = no great shape).

If your 100% sure you're going to go for a matte colour, then do anything other than black. Do red or even an orange (and get black wheels) :thumbs:

Black hides the gentle curves of the zed that the sunlight highlights (as you can see above) - it makes it look like a boring blob shape when infact it has very delicate lines (on the rear arches for example, the sun shows they flair out a bit, but no sun bouncing from it = no great shape).

+1

the purple also look fantabulous!!! ooohh yeah