Stealth Mods

Sarnie

Guest prescience

This is a common policy for some people and arises from the desire to sneek around in bushes outside nurse's home. I myself recently attended a convention for such people in a disused garden shed outside Chipping Sodbury

The reason tat a few of the mods/admins are in hidden mode stems from theearly days of the site - when all the mods/admins were online creating the place.

It looked a little overbearing when new members joined up - there would be a whole sea of red and amber usernames, which may have put people off.

The reason tat a few of the mods/admins are in hidden mode stems from theearly days of the site - when all the mods/admins were online creating the place.

It looked a little overbearing when new members joined up - there would be a whole sea of red and amber usernames, which may have put people off.

Why would that put people off though? And why do you still need it? :headhurt:

When we originally started there were more mods than members logged on, o it looked kind of "cliquey".

I dont know as we do still need it, just one of those things I have never got round to changing.

One of the other reasons I set mine to invisible, was that I used to leave my session logged on whilst running backups etc whilst I was not at the PC.

People could have sent me PM's asking for discount codes etc, but may not have received a response, as I actually wasn't there. So logging in as invisible removed that problem.

When we originally started there were more mods than members logged on, o it looked kind of "cliquey".

I dont know as we do still need it, just one of those things I have never got round to changing.

One of the other reasons I set mine to invisible, was that I used to leave my session logged on whilst running backups etc whilst I was not at the PC.

People could have sent me PM's asking for discount codes etc, but may not have received a response, as I actually wasn't there. So logging in as invisible removed that problem.

Hmmmm. All a bit fishy to me. I sense a conspiracy. Your all out to get me and my yellow car!!!!!! :scare::scare::scare::scare:

I'm not in stealth mode. Personally I think its better that we are on view so if members wish to contact admin/mods for a discount code, or a issue with the forum, they can see who is online at the time. Perhaps when you were on Sarnie, there were just no admin/mods online to.

I'm never in stealth mode.......... B)

Always here in full show, splitting threads ;):D

Only cos you work from home most the time :)

Yeah somedays, but not always on here all the time....... although sometimes seem to be!

I do TRY and get some work done as well! B)