suspension arm expense

johnny rosso

had a terrible rattle and knock from the front of a new used 350z we just bought, local garage found the o/s suspension arm completely off the bush so replaced that, but it still rattles and knocks now from n/s

they replaced the shocker, but thats not it,

if you hold the spokes on the nsf wheel and give it as rotational tug you can hear the knock and feel it,

the garage now tell me its the alloy curved suspension arm with the ball joint, pic attached with arrow, they quote me £340 as a Nissan part,, ouch :scare: , anyone have any links to a less expensive item or perhaps overhaul as its getting beleeding moocho £££post-6082-135011878044_thumb.jpg to fix this

Surely when you have such play its an issue with worn bushes rather than the arm unless it is bent :scare: I will be very concerned by thius fleeting diagnosis and get a second opinion! PM R35LEE or Zmanalex and they can help with further opinions and also getting the parts (new or used) cheaply ;)

As with most Nissan parts you can't just get the worn bit.I have just had mine changed because the ball/bush had collapsed and was rubbing on the subframe.

Then use the oportunity to go with aftermarket uprated bushes :thumbs: not only it will transform the ride, they are very durable :thumbs: I have these firmly on my sights together with the subframe rear bushes;)

A full set of white line bushes for both front and rear cost about $300 from Adam @ Z-1 and takes 6-10 days to come!

http://www.z1auto.com/prodmore.asp?mode ... rodid=3783

http://www.z1auto.com/prodmore.asp?mode ... rodid=4573

This is a popular replacement all of a sudden, guess its the numerous potholes! Had to have mine done yesterday as it was fairly noisy and i was pretty surprised or should i say gutted at the cost, the part was £304.73 less VAT. Grand total to the money grabbing spanner monkeys of £434.43 fitted!

Needless to say if another one goes i will looking into getting the part cheaper else where.

Unfortunetly this is becoming a popular problem, as has been rightly said by your garage, you need to change the whole arm as you can replace the ball joint on it's own, help is at hand though, pm zmanalex he will sort you out alot cheaper

thanks, have done just that.

js