Test drive

buds

Test drove a Mitsubishi 3000GT today. One sitting at a friends local 'independant Car Dealer place' in town where i live, so my uncle and me went down and borrowed it for the morning.

Fun car, very quick and seems well put together. We did use a tank of fuel pretty quickly though. Some nice fun, twisty roads down round here.

Cant say i'd buy one, but for £6k with a full no hassle, no quibble warranty for a year, it might tempt me!

Car was uk spec, full history with Mitsubishi and owned locally since bought from england. Be a cheap car depreciation wise for a year's fun.

But still, heart set on a 350Z - if i can just sort the JDM/UK dilema

Cant say i'd buy one, but for £6k with a full no hassle, no quibble warranty for a year, it might tempt me!

No such thing IMHO. :dry:

Anything that goes wrong on one of those would be mega expensive I'd have thought and it'll hardly be in the first flush of youth.......

Seriously chavvy motor as well.

No such thing IMHO. :dry:

Anything that goes wrong on one of those would be mega expensive I'd have thought and it'll hardly be in the first flush of youth.......

Seriously chavvy motor as well.

Well true, you never really have anything bullet proof until something goes wrong. But the owner of garage is a long standing family friend, and i'd personally doubt he'd be brave enough to stick us :)

But you never know like you said.

Expensive if wrong, hell yeah :)

And chavvy, better believe it. Dont mean it wasnt balls out fun though! Be a very easy motor to lose your license in lol

Tbh, Sam the owner, knows im looking for something with quite a bit of poke. Im not really considering car, it was just something different and fun for a saturday morning.

And that to the fact that at 6ft5 its a bit of a squeeze to get into!

Delicate, like it just needed some love and it ran fine?

Or delicate, you looked at it funny and it crapped itself? :D

:teeth: Delicate like it needed oil changing every 1500 miles , letting it cool down for a few minutes at tickover after a run,..other than that it would be OK ... and it handled fantastic.. grip was tremendous being 4 wheel drive..and had very complicated electronics to go wrong :headhurt:

Yeah, its just something you can imagine going boom! :D

Did like the power delivery of the twin turbo though :D

Yes ,going to be tough on the wallet if one goes pop.....to be fair though mine never gave an ounce of trouble, it was a 10 year old car with 70k on the clock.. Special MR model only sold in Japan with all unneccessary crap not fitted like cruise control , four wheel steer system , etc.. really was a quick motor and had a lot of HKS stuff on.. still think if your on a budget of up to £6k best sports car going.. Still miss the explosion like accelleration of the twin turbo and the sound of the dump valve :blush:

I personally couldnt justify the cost at moment :)

But if i keep my forthcoming Z for over 3 years, and keep the mileage down, then i would look at a TT or S/C setup.

It would either be something like that, or a change of car.

Suppose part of it depends how handy i can become with a spanner in next few years. Want to learn so much more (from nothing :D) on maintance etc and be able to do alot of simple things myself!