CARGO NETS FOR SALE

lomoto

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whether Tim is buying them at £5 and selling them for £20 or not, people make their decision when they buy something. It's called business and happens on a daily basis all over the world and doesn't result in people making personal accusations.

Having dealt with Tim on a number of things I don't believe he's got any intent on ripping anyone off, and he contributes a hell of a lot on here. NISMO, if you have a gripe like that I don't see why you'd make such a statement publicly. Most people would ask the question directly to the person involved.

I happen to have one of these nets and it fits. Very well thank you. And it only cost me £19. Whereas Nissan want how much.......?? Who are the 'scumbags' as you so eloquently put it? :wacko:

If there are other options then I'm sure Tim doesn't mind people looking around - eBay is public as are all other markets. You pays your money and you normally get what you pay for.....

Apology needed me thinks..... :)

I never said anything like that, at all. That's your conclusion

No, thats the path you led us down. NISMO's post, although harsh, was a direct reaction upon reading your post.

I think its YOU who owes Tim an apology! :)

I most definitely don't need to apologise to Tim. If he advertises items on an open forum, he should expect people to challenge his prices and/or offer alternatives.

I didn't lead you down any path, you are an adult, you draw your own conclusions and make your own decisions.

If £20 for a cargo net is fine for some people, great. I just wanted to point out other alternatives and people make their own mind up.

Now Sarnie if you are so easily led, I've got a little contract I'd like you to sign.... it's nothing really, just sign on the dotted line.... don't bother reading it :lol:

I can sell you a cargo net for £2 if you want Val, straight of my shelf in the shop, but you wouldn't want it in the back of your Zed!! (probably the ones that cost you £8 at Halfords )if there was a problem with me advertising these nets you only had to let me know, not make an assumption I was profiteering.. I am certainly not selling these at cost, but then again I'm certainly not buying 'em for a fiver ! ;)

Thanks for all the kind words everyone :)

I think it was the way in which it was posted which led people to the wrong conclusion. For instance if I were to post up on a traders thread and provide a link to what I thought was a cheaper alternative, it would imply that I thought the trader was ripping people off.

Whereas the truth may be, that the trader is selling a quality product, and my link is to a product made hastily by the fingers of underpaid workers in some far off land that wont stand up to the first shopping bag I entrust it with.

I never said anything like that, at all. That's your conclusion

No, thats the path you led us down. NISMO's post, although harsh, was a direct reaction upon reading your post.

I think its YOU who owes Tim an apology! :)

I most definitely don't need to apologise to Tim. If he advertises items on an open forum, he should expect people to challenge his prices and/or offer alternatives.

I didn't lead you down any path, you are an adult, you draw your own conclusions and make your own decisions.

If £20 for a cargo net is fine for some people, great. I just wanted to point out other alternatives and people make their own mind up.

Now Sarnie if you are so easily led, I've got a little contract I'd like you to sign.... it's nothing really, just sign on the dotted line.... don't bother reading it :lol:

Ok mate. You win. Your never wrong. IMO its you who owes the apology. :yawn:

I have a perfectly working £8 cargo net from halfords in my Z. Does the job, works perfectly.

I never meant to imply Tim is ripping people off, and if that is what is understood, I apologise.

What i wanted to do is show members that cheaper alternatives are possible, they work perfectly and save them money. Isn't that what internet forums are all about?

It's down to a seller to show me why I would want to buy from him if I find the same product, cheaper. Consumer power, all the way.

I apologise.

Well i never :thumbs:

I don't have an issue in apologising, especially when I recognise that things might have been understood differently from how they were meant in the first place.

On the other hand I thoroughly recommned members to save £12 by buying an £8 from Halfords.

Like I said Val I don't sell them at a loss, but I'm not buying the ones I sell on here and Ebay for a fiver (unfortunately) .. to be frank if I didn't enjoy the site so much I wouldn't bother even going to the trouble of selling them on here, especially as I send them out on recorded delivery (which is expensive ) to avoid any nastiness with missing post etc.

I'm sure there wont be tear in anyone's eye,.. but by the time there put in a padded bag trotted up to the post office, then pay the 1st class recorded delivery charge (which from memory is a couple of quid ) I'm probably doing it for diddly squat anyway...

but if anyone wants a cargo net like they sell in Halfords (Vals ) ..I can supply you one for £2 +p&p (of course)..but they are crap :teeth:

anyhow when these last few are gone that's it for me with... BLOODY CARGO NETS lifes too short :dry: also I don't relish being called a scum ball by anyone (let alone someone who doesn't even know me)

Congratulations - we have successfully managed to put an end to Tim providing a useful service to the community. Why dont we all have a look through the traders section and see who we can **** off next, when the last person leaves the forum Ill switch the server off. :dry:

Tim, keep one to one side for me will you, if it fits the roadster Ill have one.

Thread locked, obvious reasons, please feel free to PM Tim if you want one of the last ones and Im sure he will sort one out for you.

Chris.