350z model difference and new head unit :D

dhinsa87

hi all, just looking at getting a new head unit, and i fell in love with the pioneer AVH4200.

I Phoned up to price up all the bits and bobs needed to fit the head unit and managed to find a place local to me to do all the adaptor leads which was good.

The only thing i had an issue with was the model of car as it was up to the year 06 and 06 to present.

I just wondered the difference in the models... is there anyway i can check which model i own. I think that i own the 06 to present but want to make sure.

oh and while im here had anyone got the headunit in question... if so what do you think of it?

cheers all

:thumbs:

oh and while im here had anyone got the headunit in question... if so what do you think of it?

I've recently had this and installed it myself. It's a great headunit. I have got the iPod cable and the Bluetooth module (worth noting you can't retain the factory bluetooth if you remove the bose) and it all seems to work great :) Any questions about the unit don't hesitate to ask

Which part are you talking about? If it's the bluetooth then you need the part with code cd-btb200 which I found on ebay for around £100 (but I needed it same day so I brought it locally for a little over £120). If it's the iPod then it's just a lead which is about £20 - £30 (Part Number CD-IU200V) but the stereo does have a USB lead at the back which you can use a normal iPod lead with apparently but it might not give you all the same functionality so for the price I just decided to get the dedicated lead.

I dunno how much you've found it for but I brought mine from RoadRadio (link to exact headunit)and it's currently listed at £428.92 without the Bluetooth and iPod lead

As for the fascia I brought this one from Sextons but didn't find the fit great but this was more down to the stereo i think than the fascia etc. Anyway, ended up getting one from a local company who I am almost certain ordered the autoleads one and that seems to fit great. This one is also available at Sextons from what I can see here but can't be sure this is the same one that I got.

Any other questions don't hesitate to ask, or if ya want pics of it etc

thanks for your quick replay, it was the blue tooth i was on about, you said about using the existing blue tooth fitted to the car, so the 120 module you are on about is just to interface the Nissan blue tooth with the head unit...

I think that i will bite the bullet and buy the ipod lead as i think that's a great feature to have.

The head unit i have managed to get for the same price as the link sent to me locally so i can just wonder on down and pick that up.

Pic's of it all installed would be great :D

thanks again for the reply :)

Here they are, sorry they are a bit late, totally forgot yesterday when I got in from work:

Standard Radio Display:

20042010113.jpg

Colour changed to fit with the car (you can change to about 7 different present colours but also can put a custom colour choice in:

20042010114.jpg

iPod as the source (you'll notice the album art and the track, album and artist names are displayed):

20042010115.jpg

I've installed the bluetooth module and the ipod lead to the cubby in the centre console:

20042010116.jpg

The warning sticker on the iPod lead is a bit concerning:

20042010117.jpg

(Incase ya can't read it, it says that Handling the lead will expose you to chemicals listed on proposition 63 known to the state of California to cause Cancer :o)

DVD Menu:

20042010120.jpg

DVD playing (Sex Drive):

20042010123.jpg

Telephone:

20042010124.jpg

Source Select:

20042010125.jpg

Slid down to insert SD card (if you eject the CD it doesn't slide down as far):

20042010127.jpg

the same head unit?

mine arrives tomorrow with the ipod lead possible going to get and amp and 2 subs too :D

nope i have a JVC EXAD KW-AVX810 turning up. the reversing camera already arrived today, as did all the sexton parts (i think) hopefully pick the lot up tomorrow afternoon afterwork