Thought I'd say hi

Just a quick message to say hello.

Only just signed up and I havent got a 350Z as yet but looking at getting one in the near future so thought i`d join up to see what things I should know before parting with my cash! I currently have a Nissan 200SX tuned to around 320bhp. Want to upgrade to the 350Z because I think they look great, have a great engine to build on, hopefully a lot more problem free than the 200 and has a touch more class.

I`m not planning on keeping it standard for long. Thinking of going down the turbo route as I hear you can get direct bolt on kits for them. Are there any particular kits that are recommended for the quality?

I`m also thinking of going for a convertible. Is the handling majorly affected between that and the hard top?

Are there any other things I should look out for when shopping around for a decent example?

Afaik, G35 is the name for the Skyline Coupe in America? And VQ35DE is the current engine code?

Of course i could be wrong, and if so someone will correct my stupidity! :D

the actual engine is a 3.5 litre v6, hope this helps

Afaik, G35 is the name for the Skyline Coupe in America? And VQ35DE is the current engine code?

Of course i could be wrong, and if so someone will correct my stupidity! :D

the actual engine is a 3.5 litre v6, hope this helps

Methinks buds is not as stupid as his avatar suggests :teeth:

Just a quick message to say hello.

Only just signed up and I havent got a 350Z as yet but looking at getting one in the near future so thought i`d join up to see what things I should know before parting with my cash! I currently have a Nissan 200SX tuned to around 320bhp. Want to upgrade to the 350Z because I think they look great, have a great engine to build on, hopefully a lot more problem free than the 200 and has a touch more class.

I`m not planning on keeping it standard for long. Thinking of going down the turbo route as I hear you can get direct bolt on kits for them. Are there any particular kits that are recommended for the quality?

I`m also thinking of going for a convertible. Is the handling majorly affected between that and the hard top?

Are there any other things I should look out for when shopping around for a decent example?

WELCOME :)

I don't think there is anyone out there with a TT roadster :teeth:

Cheers for the warm welcome everyone! You all seem like a friendly bunch :)

I think its definitely the roadster i`m going to go for, just the handling and weight issues i`m a little worried about. Any ideas how much heavier the roadster is and how different it handles?

Also.....how much power/torque can the standard internals take and whats possible from the engine without going down the path of turbocharging?

Welcome aboard! :thumbs:

The inherent problems that come with lopping off a coupe's roof seem to be fairly minimal but tbh almost all of the heavily modded cars are coupe's. I suspect any drastic changes to power or suspension set up could exacerbate the issues.

:welcome:

Only draw back (looks aside IMO) is the heavier car and reduced performance of the Roadster. As for handling, not driven both to know.

As for things to keep and eye out for, take a look in the warranty section and get a good understanding for what's been done already. Also check how long is left on the warranty to get any niggles you may find sorted. Most common is clicking rear axle.

But basically any you choose will be awesome, and the smile will always be there! :D