rotary buffer?

hoffs350z

I'm guessing you know what you're doing with a rotary polisher.

I have a Makita 9227CB which is quite highly regarded in the detailing scene although any would do I guess....

Well you'll need a rotary backing plate, various pads and various polishes.

I won't try to tell you what you already know though, :thumbs:

What do you want to achieve here?

Correction in the paint or a bit of shine?

To be totally honest a dual action polisher might be better to start with especially on Zed paint. You can get good correction on a Zed with a DA as the paint is so soft with minimal risks.

Best to have a look at DW.

A lot of the stuff is transferable (apart from the backing plates) so it's not that bad to step up to a rotary later.

Lots of reading up to do mate, hit up http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/ for all the information you need. I would do a lot of reading on this subject, its not to be taken lightly. The Zed paint is thin and soft, so very easy to take off more paint than you expect which then means you need to have it resprayed :scare:

Studied the write up / guide about dual action polishers - a brilliant read and really helpful. I shall be making some purchases for sure.....Thanks for this.

Dave

Loads of good DA combos about.

Matt at i4detailing (forum sponsor) was doing a deal but it might have run out. Other than that decide what you want (for Zed it'd be a soft paint kit ;) ) and have a look at the traders on here and on DW to get a deal.

I use a Porter Cable 7424 DA however this is an old school American import I've had for about 3-4 years. There are loads of DAs available and virtually all are based on the 7424! I think Chris'I uses the kestral which is great value for money.

I have some Megs and Lake Country pads. As for compounds, I have some Poorboys SSR (1,2,2.5) and some Dodo Lime Prime. All seem to work well, but I'm no expert. Matt@i4detailing will sort you out if you ask him I'm sure, or Andy can do you the Dodo stuff, not sure if he sells the buffers and pads though.

• 1 month later...