IPOD into Bose ... my attempt

dcash5

After using this thread as my guide

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=29312&p=515508#p515508

I decided I need to get an Ipod in ... the reason's I didn't do it sooner was:

It couldnt charge the Ipod, it didn't charge and it required a tape in the slot.

After hunting about on ebay i found the following cable ...

CT29IP01.jpg

As you can see this cable is the same as used in the guide above but it has the additional possive and negative for charging the IPOD. So my ipod is like this when in the car.... its charging/ on power WAHOO!

Photo1295.jpg

The other thing I did different to the guide about is remove the following spring and metal piece

removedph7.jpg

Which fooled the BOSE into thinking it had a tape in therefore I didnt need a 'blank' one in

Thus ...

Photo1306.jpg

Photo1312.jpg

and in the words of Gordon....

DONE

Cool, good idea, I've done the original mode and the only thing that lets it down is the fact that it doesnt charge my iPod. I'll need to have a look for the cable. :)

Why do you have to use the spring thing? I just cut the tape sense track and put in a switch so I can still use the tape if I ever need to.

Really clean install for Apple lovers... Looks factory installed! :thumbs:

Worth posting a link to eBay and explaining how/where you connected the power wires as I'm sure others will want to fit one.

Hi there,

Can you go into a bit more detail how you did this? I have looked at the original thread and that makes sense, where did you get the power from?

Sorry to sound like a mong but I want to do this but want to be totally sure I understand before ripping the car apart.

Cheers

yep Alex is correct, well actually i used the +ve from the oem loom, (think its the pink and blue striped wire) and the -ve is bolted through one of the bolts behind the stereo facia. (just under the nav screen on the left hand side if you want the exact one :) )

http://www.dvbcaraudio.co.uk/ipod-phono ... -4087.html

I got mine from ebay for about 10 quid but I cant find one now... here is one from a store.

Edit: Alex has pointed out the correct one :)

Aim to please people lol...

I'm half way through making a full image detailed information sheet on how to install folding door mirrors when you press the remote lock and unlock on your key. If your intrested pm me dude. :teeth:

Again there is some info on my thread :thumbs:

Aim to please people lol...

I'm half way through making a full image detailed information sheet on how to install folding door mirrors when you press the remote lock and unlock on your key. If your intrested pm me dude. :teeth:

Again there is some info on my thread :thumbs:

I'd be interested in that mate, the wifes XC60 does it and it annoys me that the Z dont

i do have a blackberry :wacko: It does have a phono out, i wonder if i could get it to work through my bose ?

Yes most people add a regular aux cable instead. The cable used here just takes analog audio from (and supplies power to) the iPod connector rather than from the headphone socket.

AlexZ has written the most detailed guide here: http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=507429#p507429

not sure to get a blank cassette or take the metal bit and spring out ?

Cassette is guaranteed to work but removing the metal part is more hit and miss. Works for some people and not for others. You can even stick a pen or pencil through the slot to push the mechanism into play position (once it's back in the car and powered up).

• 4 months later...