y pipe and mid silencer delete ?

bodyboarder

Hi everyone :) I am looking at getting a exhaust for my zed....... i spoke to abbey motorsport today as i want to get a remap after the exhaust is fitted. Very helpfull indeed, spoke to mark and told him my plans. I was thinking of just a scorpion system, as i just want to hear the v6 a little more. His thought were to not get a scorpion but a xyz pipe, at around the £400 mark. The trouble is i dont think i can justify spending that amount on that. I know it would be very good quality but i am pretty skint at the moment ! I was wandering if i could get a custom y pipe and desilenced mid section made up and leave the back box on? What would this sound like? and what would be the best bore for the pipes to be?........ What is the standard exhaust bore and does this differ from say a japspeed ypipe or xyz one? Thanks for your help :thumbs:

I beleive the restriction in the stock system is the cats and y-pipe, so replacing them with decats and an XYZ will free up some flow and noise. Not sure how much noise it will net you though :shrug:

If you want performance over noise, then an XYZ pipe and remap is definately the way to go :thumbs:

Have been doing some research on the xyz pipe and reading the posts from motordyne engineering and it would look like that if you just put the xyz pipe on with the standard exhaust it wont do alot, as the pipe outlet is 3" going into the standard 2.5" exhaust . Swaying to the scorpion again just for a nice subtle sports sound.......

I second what fat man says :thumbs::lol:

Your reading to much on the internet , We have tuned a few :D and it DOES make a difference, why would I say something that doesn't work to you.

If you look at this thread your see what we do with a 313 bhp HR car;

viewtopic.php?f=114&t=27916

start of the thread is all about the HR car.

Mark

this might help you sort out what you want done ,

http://www.scorpion-exhausts.com/Cars/s ... ?model=142

the scorpion exhaust for the Z is the SAME diameter as the oem exhaust so 0 gains there , the aftermarket Y pipes , motordyne XYZ , japspeed , envy etc etc are 3inch and have much bigger more open colection pipes from the cats.

i had my y back fitted a few months back wiht bascily just a noise improvement , got Y done this morning and can say its either the extra noise or it is maing a difference not huge but its seems better.

if you just want power get a cheapish FULL exhaust Y pipe and all liek the K2/K1+ y etc but unless you do the full thing its not going to be notuiceble then get it mapped . also thew cats if you ever get chance to look at them are feable !

(note if anyone feels im wrong here please dont hold back :wacko: )

Sorry mark, didnt mean to offend you , as i like to go into buying something with the best available knowledge. As i have said its what i read on the internet, but i know you have alot of experience with the zed, and thank you for your help thus far. As soon as i get the car back from nissan i will be booking it into you. :thumbs:

Just read through all the info provided, and just want to clarify some stuff. I know that a remap will improve my overall performance in bhp/torque/drivability, but will putting on just a xyz pipe make it better, its just i cant seem to see anything on the thread about it on a HR engine? or am i just being thick!

yes they make a difference if you read the link I sent you when we tuned a HR fitting a y pipe (hks one fitted this time but the XYZ is even better we have found) made a huge difference to the mid range torque , at the top end the stock cats hold the car back. If you use a XYZ pipe you can remove the stock cats and fit a Race Cat in the xyz pipe this will help top end bhp and still make the car legal for the road.

any questions ask way.

Mark

Ah ok , getting the idea now :blush: . Please could you send me a price for the xyz pipe with the race cat, plus fitment and remap all together...... oh and also some hks filters .... could you do a deal on all that lot :p ?

With the above fitted will the exhaust be really loud? Thanks again for your help :thumbs:

• 1 month later...

Hi

This is my first time on this forum.

My uk 350Z exhaust back box is in need of replacing.

I am thinking of buying a K2 Japspeed exhaust. (£349)

Will this be legal, could I come across any problems.

Basically I just want to replace with a stainless system, I'm not looking for extra performance or better sound just a straight swap.

Alternately, any known suppliers that sell stock replacements at good price in the UK.

Nissan dealers are very expensive quoting. (around £750 unfitted plus vat)

Thanks

Alan