Anubis

Wanna join the tunnel run?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Wanna join the tunnel run?

• Yes definitely interested
    • Nope
    • Maybe (undecided and need more info)

Hi chaps.

I have a nice map going for road tunnels in the UK due to threads posted on various forums. What I am looking to do is sort out a London tunnel run around June / July for us zeds (hopefully when we can have windows down and it's nice and warm).

I've kind of figured out the route and will be testing it, so it covers most tunnels in London and you'll also get to see some famous landmarks along the way. This post is really seeing how much interest this could attract and any opinions. I obviously can't please everyone (i.e. some will be on holiday, etc) and no dates have been confirmed yet.

As far as I am aware, there hasn't been a zed tunnel run for a long time so this will be something a bit different. I'm looking to do this in the evening on a Saturday - so when the roads are a little clearer so we don't end up in a traffic jam and avoid conjestion charge.

We will obviously be representing the 350z-uk club (not the Saxo and Corsa forums), so I don't need to remind everyone that I want it to be kept sensible; lots of noise, blasts through the tunnels, turn lots of heads, put some smiles on a few faces and it will be a good night. NO racing or showing off (there is so much around you that you probably can't go very fast anyway) - London is very busy even out of hours and has more cameras and Police than you can shake a stick at. It is also important to note that pedestrians are everywhere (often drunk at night, so we need our sensible hats on).

I have no idea how many are interested in this. I am confident it will go ahead with more details to be released in the future. I really don't want it getting out of hand with a million cars turning up (so no inviting friends of friends etc unless they have a zed), yet at the same time we obviously want a great atmosphere with like minded people. :)

Members will no doubt be coming from all directions, so what I will do is sort out a place in or around London for everyone to meet (Dartford has Lakeside and Bluewater car parks nearby plus the famous tunnel to start with).

I've never organised a meet before but you have to start somewhere...:) I also don't want loads of people getting lost (driving in London is a stressful place, especially if you don't know it) - hence possibly restricting numbers.

Ideas of dates and starting times? Should I restrict numbers (first 20 to commit and sign up)? What if we broke into groups with a 'leader'? Who is interested? Anyone fancy helping me out?