Exhaust system quality

Animal

Oh and in terms of fitting, it is usually £50 per hour. The hardest part is getting the old one off I am told, which can take a while, but once it is off it is just a case of positioning, hanging and bolting the new one up with the gaskets and a small amount of exhaust gum or loctite copper for the perfect seal if needed.

If you are even remotely handy with a spanner and have access to a ramp or lift with good working soace then you could easily DIY. I dont have any kind of ramp unfortunately for mine so getting a friend to do it for a nominal fee ;)

I saw that SRP are doing the Buddy Club for £530 at the moment on special, which is £150 off the list price

Who or what are SRP - link would be helpful :thumbs:

Scorpion with a japspeed y pipe is quite a common combo on here ;)

Hi Biscuit: budget up to £1,500-ish, but the less I spend here the more I can spend during the summer on some coaching/track time.

Glenn: thanks for the advice on fitting. Unfortunately I'm from the Jeremy Clarkson school of mechanics - there's nothing that can't be fixed with a big enough hammer and shouting!

Cheers,

Alex

For £1500 you can pretty much get any exhaust that you desire, bar the exotic Ti Jap ones like the Amuse or the ARC.

If I had £1500 to blow on an exhaust, I would already have a HKS fitted to my car. But I would have been very tempted by the Motordyne Shockwave.

The thing I like about the Shcokwave is that it comes with an XYZ pipe, which you can fit a CAT into for MOT purposes, with great ease and then take it out again afterwards. This means you can run test-pipes or resonated decats and have better flow. OR, better still, you can get a set of Manifolds like the Japspeed ones with a decat pipe incorporated into them and have the maximum airflow and still have a spare cat for about £250 to pop in on MOT day.

The Motordyne with XYZ and Cat is roughly the same price as the HKS setup. Abbey can get either.

Final thought though, it really is pointless spending £1500 on a top of the range exhaust system if you dont intend to go and get the UPRev re-map. £1500 just for sound alone is crazyness!! :lol:

if you like the look of the fujitsubu its defnatly a good buy and costs about £700 new. got mine used and apart from some tarnishing on the tips its faultless.

not very loud either but if you go for decats/hfc that will pick up , i would recomend getting a Y pipe for though as the standard one mutes the sound quite abit.

if you like the look of the fujitsubu its defnatly a good buy and costs about £700 new. got mine used and apart from some tarnishing on the tips its faultless.

not very loud either but if you go for decats/hfc that will pick up , i would recomend getting a Y pipe for though as the standard one mutes the sound quite abit.

yep the y pipe and hfc's or de cats will make a nice difference and should get the noise you want.

in fact i'd get the XYZ pipe and de cats, then you can choose how you run it. if you find the straight y pipe and decats too loud you can put the HFC in on the XYZ and it will calm it down, and due to the fact that it has the special drop out fitting changing it takes a matter of seconds.

Will definitely get a remap at some point, but I'm not fussed on extra power at present. After an exhaust I'll probably look to spend some money on the interior - the driver's seat is looking a little sorry for itself!

Was just speaking to Scott from Abbey Motorsport (what a nice man!) and he re-iterated what just about everyone has said which is to get along to a meet. Just need to find one near me now (Watford/North London) - are there any coming up?

Cheers, Alex

theres one in suffolk at the end of this month, which i'm at

or there is ISTS at silverstone this weekend.

check the meets section. ;)

i'd watch that fujitbisho thingy :lol: can't spell :blush: on ebay, if its going for a good price i'd snap it up.

Will definitely get a remap at some point, but I'm not fussed on extra power at present. After an exhaust I'll probably look to spend some money on the interior - the driver's seat is looking a little sorry for itself!

Was just speaking to Scott from Abbey Motorsport (what a nice man!) and he re-iterated what just about everyone has said which is to get along to a meet. Just need to find one near me now (Watford/North London) - are there any coming up?

Cheers, Alex

if you want to hear a fujitsubu im just down the road from watford and at ists , infact should be a few different sounds at ists .

• 1 month later...