Rattle, Rattle

Metatron

This is just a niggle but it's beginning to annoy me a little.

Has anyone else experienced a small rattle from behind the Speedo/Rev array?

I've got some neoprene padding wedged behind it but it's still happening.

I find that if I adjust the height of the steering column it stops but when I use the car again after a day, it starts up again.

It doesn't seem to be anything serious as when I put a little pressure on plastic casing around the array it stops.

It appears that something is loose and needs tightening but I can't for the life of me works out where it's emanating from.

The problem is I can't locate it because it only happens when driving and paying attention to the road is rather important.

I thought about asking the missus to find it when she's in the passenger seat but it might look a little suspect if I get stopped by the boys in blue :wacko:

I do have Nismo Rays on the car so the car is a little stiff on the old suspension, perhaps it's just more to do with that combined with the appalling quality of our roads.

This is the place to be for answers, so any help from you talented, knowledgeable bunch would be much appreciated.

I had the 'geiger counter' clicking noise in mine. Typically on WOT above 4k rpm. Didnt always happen. Sometimes never happened. Drove me insane as it sounded tappity/engine related and had been going on for 20,000 miles! I stumbled on a thread on the US forum and then an older thread on here. Apparently there is a solenoid valve in the heater matrix/cooling system that can get clogged with crap - it flicks open/closed really quickly with an electronic microswitch kinda tappity noise.

I ended up getting the coolant replaced along with some other work at Nissan. Got them to "back-flush the heater matrix and core" as per the old thread, and it seems to have sorted my tappity noise !

Now i think i can occasionally hear the exhaust gaskets blowing from the manifold area....i think. Kinda fart-like noise occasionally. Find and fix one rattle - another will rise to take it's place :teeth: