Bose System - Poor front stage

Rob_Quads

I am just about to put a new system into my car but want to make sure my bose system is working fine so when i retro fit it to sell the car its all fine.

I find that the Bose system is REALLY rear heavy. Even if you fade it all the way forward its still not great and that also looses a lot of the bass. With the balance set to even the front speakers are almost inaudiable.

Is this normal?

The bose subwoofer is really the worst I've ever heard. That would be on priority one for me to replace. Although I'd like to keep the system stock as much as possible....

Also, in my previous car I had a full Rockford Fosgate setup. I might be a bit spoiled.... :)

• 1 month later...

I thought my Bose sounded a bit cack (when it wasn't jumping!) so fiddled around with it. I thought it sounded quite dull in the front so all i did was adjusted the balance to the right by 1 click. It's bloomin miles better!! The quality has improved and if you stick your head in the centre of the car it still sound in the middle!!

Hope this helps on yours. I like my Bose now :D

• 2 weeks later...