Stillen, Berk or Scorpion CBE

smartmove

Ok so I am in a dilema, I know that I am going to have to change the stick exhaust system when my car arrives but I cannot make my mind up on which system. The Stillen is considerably more expensive than the Berk (which I can get from Envy) due to the shipping, import duty etc.. The Scorpion is the cheapest of the lot but haven't heard much about it. The car is a daily driver so I want to get something like I am used to with my current 350z (which has stock exhaust) and not something that is going to give me a headache or generally annoy people whenever I drive it. Opinions?

Guess there arent a lot of opinions as there arent a lot of owners with them :shrug:

For me, I have the Stillen, but that was only after hearing Colins, and also the fact they threw the Gen 3 in for free! :yahoo:

How much can you get the Berk for?

The Berk CBE is on the Envy site at £1,295.00 inc. VAT

Close call, I reckon you could have a Stillen for about £1,300 too, but with Envy, at least its a UK based trader if anything should go wrong. I'd say give the Berk a go if you like the look of it :thumbs:

may i also throw the motordyne exhaust into the mix?

i went from the scorpion to the motordyne, (k1 before that)

id say the motordyne is a lovely deep note but maybe not so good for day to day (though does give more torq)

Scorpion wasnt as good a quality but the sound was ok and easier to live with day to day...

I'll have a look into the motordyne, not heard of them before.

With the Scorpion system for a CB system it's about £800, for a half-system £600. Am I right in saying the only difference being is 2 pipes going from the centre section to the cats? Why does 2 pipes add £200 or am I missing something? (I have never changed exhausts before as you may have guessed!)

If its your daily driver and you like refined but a nice purr when you give it some beans then I'd hang on for the Milltek - its meant to be coming soon :thumbs:

Sounds exactly like the type of thing I'm looking for. I'm in no rush and will stick with stock till I get a few more options or a deal i cannot refuse comes up.

If its your daily driver and you like refined but a nice purr when you give it some beans then I'd hang on for the Milltek - its meant to be coming soon :thumbs:

I enquired with Milltek on the exhaust system for the 370z and they say they have no plans to develop a system for this car :(

What about the Berk then? Although I heard it had some fitting problems. You're already a member on the best site for them over the other side of the pond, so just spend some time investigating. The price diff on the Berk and Stillen is tiny, so just see which one you prefer :thumbs:

I enquired with Milltek on the exhaust system for the 370z and they say they have no plans to develop a system for this car :(

I am not surprised as I don't think Nissan have sold many 370Z's. Have you seen what seen what some dealers are advertising new ones for lately - 370Z with GT pack £28995 brand new!

Check out this webiste:

http://www.blueflameperformance.com/pra ... 0&pageid=3

I've ordered one for the 350 with an unsilenced mid-pipe. You can choose from two different tips and it's cat-back.

Advertised as £595 but a little gentle persuasion got them down to £492 deliverd........... :blush:

The clips on the site are of the silenced version so the new ones will be a little louder.

I'm sure a 370 version will be around soon.

Great vid, does highlight how lacking in sound (of any sort) the stock exhaust is. The Berk seems a little quieter than the Stillen but still a lovely sound to it.

I agree with the OEM system, you can hear the motor more than the exhaust :bangin: I thought the Berk was louder than the Stillen though, especially when they do the interior shots. They are very similar designs though, so guess in the real world they are about the same :thumbs:

Great vid, does highlight how lacking in sound (of any sort) the stock exhaust is. The Berk seems a little quieter than the Stillen but still a lovely sound to it.

From inside the car the Stillen is definitely quieter. I couldn't put up with the racket the Berk exhaust makes. It's OK for about 5 minutes, until the novelty wears off then the noise would get on your nerves - well mine anyway!

My view is the best exhaust is the one that makes the least noise and the most power and torque. The last thing I would want is to draw any sort of attention to my car.

My view is the best exhaust is the one that makes the least noise and the most power and torque.

Which most of the time is a contradiciton. To get more power, usually you need less restriction, and less restriction means more noise. Obviously you can play about with the layout to trade one off against the other. Stillen is the nice ground for me, makes good power and a nice amount of noise. Having been out in Ebizeds 370z with Stillen, its perfect for trashing up and down the motorway :thumbs:

My view is the best exhaust is the one that makes the least noise and the most power and torque.

Which most of the time is a contradiciton. To get more power, usually you need less restriction, and less restriction means more noise. Obviously you can play about with the layout to trade one off against the other. Stillen is the nice ground for me, makes good power and a nice amount of noise. Having been out in Ebizeds 370z with Stillen, its perfect for trashing up and down the motorway :thumbs:

I agree to a certain extent, however you can make a very unrestrictive exhaust which is also quiet. Making it loud does not necessarily mean it will produce more power, its all to do with the design (pipe length and diameter, silencer design and proper resonance management). I have Kinetixs race cats and a Motordyne XYZ pipe coupled to the standard exhaust (350Z that is). It produces a lot more HP and torque than the standard Nissan system and it is actually quieter in almost every area, however it does make a lovely noise as you approach 4000rpm which is more than enough to say something is happening under the bonnet.