Air Induction, fitting advice

Glenn1981

Hey guys, just looking for a bit of thought on this, I am pretty useless technically so wanted to ask the guys in the know.

I have the below CAI and I am looking to either fit it myself this weekend or get it fitted.

Only thing I am worried about in the picture is that if I have it fitted like that, I run the risk of Hydrolocking, so what I ahve though about is, instead of fitting the final section of the pipe, setting the second part of the pip[e at a different angle (effectively twisting if a bit) and fitting the filter there, so that the filter sits just above the bumper bar. This way it will not run the risk of any hydro lock, and it is not in the engine bay for heatsoak.

Only thing I am not sure about is, in that position, will I still get good airflow to the filter?

I am thinking of having it fitted like the Injen in the pic below.

How Alex had it

SimotaCAI.jpg

How I am thinking of having it sit, obviously only the one side

543949190_b4MNU-XL.jpg

I have the Injen and fitted hydroshield. It seems to do the job.

It must be said though that I don't drive in rivers etc..... ;)

If you have Fjords or live in an area prone to flooding then if might be worth changing the placement.

No, mine is a Max Speed custom pipe, with a Simota Filter.

It looks in the pic like you could just twist the 2nd pipe so that the filter cone is sitting above the bumper bar.

Maybe I will just get the hydroshield from JDM Performance, only £25 or so.

No, mine is a Max Speed custom pipe, with a Simota Filter.

It looks in the pic like you could just twist the 2nd pipe so that the filter cone is sitting above the bumper bar.

Maybe I will just get the hydroshield from JDM Performance, only £25 or so.

Ah right! Sorry misread your first post!! Does the lower tube not connect to the toe eye for support? Even so turning it should be fine! If you go through water that high when its turned your in a river anyway and you got more to worry about than hydrolock!

I know Dan ran his AEM in the wheel well for ages with a shreaded wheel arch liner and didnt get any issues!

Looking at the pics of it that Alex posted up, the 2nd pipe doesnt connect anywhere and I wouldnt fit the 3rd pipe, so turning it would be an option, just not sure how sturdy.

Main thing I am worried about is no airfloe if it is turned up higher!

I will look at it at the weekend and see what is best, hopefully get some pictures up.

I need to reset the ECU once fitted dont I, I better look at how to do that again!!