Intermittent passenger side speaker failure

Stretch

I have a factory fitted bose sound system which is prone to intermittent passenger side speaker failure which can be remedied by a sharp whack to the passengers knee pad located on the centre console. Has anyone else experienced this, it's obviously caused by a loose connection but is it easily accessible or something hidden within the unit that will require professional assistance? Naturally I'm keen to find a permanent solution so any info would be greatly appreciated. Want to eliminate any niggles ready for when I'm fit to drive her again

Had the same problem myself a couple of years ago.The main dealers response was much as you’d expect, saying with their fingers crossed, "Problems with the Bose unit"!

"we’ve never heard of any problems with the Bose unit mate" :shrug: and "oh by the way, we notice youve paid in full for the car, so please bugger off and stop messing up my forecourt".

Contacted Bose who said they didn’t make the CD unit and bowed out. Discovered that Clarion make the CD bit so contacted them but of course they get the CD units from Japan so it wasn’t their fault either. :wacko:

Eventually got in touch with Nissan who offered, as gesture of goodwill, to bear 75% of the repair cost (it cost me £85). They said they had fitted a brand new CD unit which they said replaced "THE EARLIER LESS RELIABLE CD UNIT". :thumbs: