Car didnt start this morning - opinions please

danZman

2 days ago, I had my aftermarket CD player and the dash all out to install a double din > single din facia adapter. Reinstalled everything, tested everything, all good.

Since then, the 3 times I have had to start my car have become increasingly difficult. When this morning, it finally gave up and the starter motor just wurred a few times before failing.

Sounds like when I reinstalled the CD player, somehow ive shorted something and its slowly draining the battery overnight and during the day when I am at work.

Is this possible or am I going down the wrong road?

cheers :thumbs:

That would make sence, but I only disconnected the ISO adapter (mines an import) and then plugged it back in. Theres alot of things back there though.

My alarm, my bluetooth car mobile phone detector thingy, cd player and the other wiring looms.

Yeah, things can get a bit cramped behind there! Have you had the unit out again to see if there is anything obvious? Might be worth getting a meter on the battery as well when the car is running/not running to see if it is charging ok.

Im going to try tonight when I get home, im pretty sure its going to be something stupid.

Just going to check the connections, wrap everything in electrical tape, jump it and take it for a cruise and see what happens.

It has got to be something wrong inside there, its just a electrical nightmare :bangin:

Fixed.

The ignition live for my I/O bluetooth phone connector jobby thing had disconnected. Which was always on.

This would explain why my phone wasn't working properly as it was using my car as the designated headset when I was inside my house. Quite funny really as people walking past my car would hear a conversation that consisted of Hello? Hello? Hello? with no-one in the car! :bangin::headhurt::doh:

Reconnected.

Happy days.

Thanks for your help people