AN ODD THING HAPPENED THE OTHER DAY

Jixaman

Going home from the footy I had a slide going round a bend (caused by a hump in the road, its a cracking corner) heading for the motorway, when I booted it out and on to the carriageway I got the yellow engine light, the VDC light and the slip light all on at once...

Car was running, just the lights were on, I took it easy anyway...

We hooked it up to the computer and got code P0350 (ignition thinngy, Del told me but I didnt understand) and code C1130 (engine sensor or something), I dont know, its all smoke and mirrors with mechanics, bottom line when e had a look it turned out to be the plug at the MAF (whatever that is) was loose...

Car ok but at the time my heart went, I thought I'd broke it...

My gf's TT Quattro started behaving really badly last year, choking spluttering and performing really strangely - I thought she'd blown the turbo or something but before I got on Autotrader I looked on some TT forums and found the MAF sensor is quite a common fault on them - bought a new one for a few quid, hooked it up and the car's like new again, it's pretty quick atually - better than it was 20,000 miles ago!

MAF sensors are evil.

Or really good, depending on your view on things...

Ok, so problem not solved...

Same three lights yesterday, code P0350 which is listed as primary/secondary coil circuit??? Thats the only code this time...

Any ideas?

Was going to change the plugs anyway so this will let me get the coils out and check the connectors, is there a way to check the coils, if it was an individual coil would that not show up on its own code?

Engine is lumpy, feels off balance...

Will search the forum but just thought I would post anyway...

Cheers...

Speak to ZMANALEX on this, he has spare coilpacks. I think the basic method is to swap them out on at a time for a known good one and see if that makes a difference. And then keep trying until the car is back to normal. Certainly an issue that has been seen before and as I say, Alex has preowned ones for a decent price ;)

Just to update, we changed the plugs on Saturday, the were burning ok but the ceramic ouyer was failing, dont know if that was the problem or something that was cured in the process of doing them but crossed fingers, all well. Oh, del had checked the coils when they were out and all read good values, whatever they are so looking good...