Autocar 350Z NISMO

Digsy

Just opened this week's Autocar and they've got a new long-term Zed. Azure with Nismo bodykit, 19" wheels, sat-nav and GT pack - £36,120! :scare:

The plan is to fit various Nismo aftermarket bits (already talking about seats) and see whether it improves an already fantastic car.

Pics look great and as usual they're full of praise, although the standard seats and seatbelts of all things come in for some criticism.

This is going to be interesting..... :teeth:

looks like the boys at Autocar are going to be blowing some readies at this project :thumbs: will make interesting reading when they come to the engine performance mods :) also I hope they do a "credible "before and after dyno run

Yeah, much as I love Autocar I'll be astonished if the feature is in depth enough to keep us happy. Now if Evo had done the same......

Hmm.

I wonder how Nissan GB will feel about Autocar invalidating the warranty on their press-car with all the mods they're planning to do?

To be honest, I reckon they'll just be delighted with yet more good publicity for the car. I doubt they were unaware of Autocar's plans when they gave them the car - this is their second so they were bound to have an angle. I'm looking forward to this....

• 1 month later...

In this week's issue they've added the Nismo exhaust £1480 (:scare:) , suspension kit (springs and dampers) £910 and seats £1645 (no electrics, airbags or ass-warmers). Fitting was £324 from RJN Motorsport.

They seem well chuffed with the zorst and suspension mods but a little unsure about the seats.

Nothing else imminent but talk of a lighter flywheel and induction mods at some stage...........

They're only averaging 17.9 mpg!!!!! :scare:

looks like the boys at Autocar are going to be blowing some readies at this project :thumbs: will make interesting reading when they come to the engine performance mods :) also I hope they do a "credible "before and after dyno run

Yeah, much as I love Autocar I'll be astonished if the feature is in depth enough to keep us happy. Now if Evo had done the same......

........they'd have chosen a Porsche or a BMW?? :D

........they'd have chosen a Porsche or a BMW?? :D

Are you kidding? They lurve the Zed - they're on their third long-termer and have done a group test with a Gayman, Z4M and 350Z GTS....... :p

And read the very article yesterday. Not disputing they love the Zed. They just love anything German or so expensive anyone in the real world can't afford it IMO. First article I can think of a Zed didn't come out on top with the price taken into account.

Just read the article in Autocar, very positive piece... will make intresting reading as they progress :)

They rate the exhaust modification highly, along with the seats,,, brakes are apparently next on the agenda..

One thing though why did they buy a GT spec when they have ripped out the leather seats ?:headhurt: