Long Time Ago: Pics of my old Veilside V3 350Z

MeisterR

These are pictures from 2003... I just happen to dug them back up. These pictures were taken oversea in a place call Macau, which is near Hong Kong.

This car was actually purchased in Japan... then DRIVEN to Veilside in Japan where they painted and installed the kit.

Talk about a long time ago! I was much younger... and also much lighter back then... :lol:

These were before the days of affordable coilovers and camber kits. I didn't even think I know what was the difference between camber and toe back then.

600 bhp was insane power, and 14 second quarter mile was a quick car!

But that was when the tuning scene was really staring to taking off.

Enjoy the pics... B)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

That car now rest in peace after a Jazz decide to not yield at an intersection and T-Bone the car...

Spin the car 180 degrees and went rear end first into a concrete divider... Wasn't fast but done enough damage to write the car off. :byebye:

I am sure if MeisterR exist back then, I would of had loads of fun adding bits and testing with this car. :thumbs:

Thanks guys.... it's a lovely get and get loads of attention back in the days...

I do miss it.... and it sounds awesome!!! One of the best sounding car I have every heard.

600 bhp?????????

Not my 350Z, I am just saying back in the days 600bhp is consider insane power...

Where 600bhp today is only normal... in some cases "STANDARD" power...

Were people painting brembos red back in 03?

Nope, that was a bit of a proper rare things.

Since it was 2003 and there wasn't much bits out for the Z.

This kit happen to be from a Brembo Engineer in America who made a prototype Brembo GT Brake System using his 350Z as the test car.

If you look at the caliper, it is much larger than the standard Brembo and also uses the Brembo GT floating brake disk.

Most of the 350Z in USA/Japan are not the Track/ST model, therefore they come with the ugly standard brake and not the Brembo.

When Brembo NA decided to not go ahead with the production, he sold this kit out... it was design to fit under 17" wheels and was the only kit in the world. B)

Things probably had change since then...

I were going to use StopTech (again, not much choice back then), but the rear caliper wouldn't clear the wheels.

So when this came up I jumped on it....

Very nice, i love those wheels :teeth:

Was that a Veilside exhaust ?

Yep, and one of the best exhaust I have ever seen and heard.

Full Titanium from Y-Pipe back, and it sound immense... I might can find some old video I took of it...

I have yet to hear another car that sounds better... It honestly sound very similar to a Ferrari, only the tone is a bit deeper and not as sharp.

Very nice, i love those wheels :teeth:

Was that a Veilside exhaust ?

Yep, and one of the best exhaust I have ever seen and heard.

Full Titanium from Y-Pipe back, and it sound immense... I might can find some old video I took of it...

I have yet to hear another car that sounds better... It honestly sound very similar to a Ferrari, only the tone is a bit deeper and not as sharp.

I also have the full Veilside setup. It does sound the business but nothing like a F430 imho