Happy birthday: My new Kuro hits 12000 miles after 8 months

stevie_350z

Firstly, I expected my chariot to hit the 12k mile after a year but the bugger has been so good to drive (apart from bloody creak) that I've clocked up loads... starting to calm down though now.

Anyhoo, I thought I'd provide a plain and simple summation of what its been like, and what the car is like after that first birthday:

0) I pulled up in partner's car and saw my new, wet-looking Kuro outside th showroom reflecting the red Nissan sign across it's body work. Dr00l.

1) When I drove out of the show room on a cold, dark, January night, I was scared to death. The first road had more speed bumps, of different shapes, I was sh1tt1ng the bed. The left foot was twitching and I kept driving for three hours or more!

2) I had never driven a car that attracted such looks - kids pointing, women dribbling, men falling over kerbs, people in restaurants stopping their dinner. Must get some better sunglasses, oh and shave.

3) First paint chip after 3k - big bloody "something" hitting drivers door, leaving a three pronged chip in the middle of drivers door :angry:

4) Remember the tune Senses Working Overtime?:

And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste

And Ive got one, two, three, four, five

Senses working o-ver-time

5) After 6k the car paint is showing wear and tear, with swirls, chips and marks all over... :rant: Despite costly investments in cloths, liquids and time.

6) Nurburgring beckons and four laps later, plus a 158 mph speed on the straight autobahn, plus beautiful curvy mountain drives, leads to my driving partners (M3 and Scoobies) being open mouthed with lines like "your car sounds fan-f*cking-tastic!". I had several twitchy moments but the car was beautiful to handle. MORE POWER!

7) More chips, more creaks now. Took the dealer a month to give me a slot to fix, but then I was working in California so I have to rebook. Creaking is getting worse.

8) At just under 12k, and this car is the best thing I ever did. Apart from the missis, of course

:thumbs: