Restricted 350 s JDMs

M9O OEY

Hi ,

I read a post about imports being restricted , is this correct if so to what ? are all of them restricted ? And how much does it cost to have it removed ? Also what does JDM stand for i know it s an import car but cant figure it out :thumbs: .

Thanks

JDM = Japanese Domestic Model

To derestrict, you could get yourself a HKS Speed Limit Defencer.

My bro had one fitted to his JDM Gen 7 Toyota Celica by Torque Developments International and it works a treat.

Thanks How much would that cost ? I dont yet own one but intend to in the near future :teeth:

atb

how much did it cost to get de-restricted i have an auto

talk to mark in abbey/ms or rstuning re cost, not sure re Auto at all mate sorry. You need to have the correct number on it too so they got the ROM for it. So best bet is to talk to the tuners and then take if from there, might have other goodies to throw in there too :p

how much did it cost to get de-restricted i have an auto

It's about £350 and it does so much more than the SLD HKS stuff. I have researched a lot and once I've done my engine/exhaust mods I'll be at Abbey.

If you want big fun in the meanwhile, get yourself a D1 Spec throttle controller for £120. :drive1:drive1:scare::scare::drive1

Thanks :thumbs: but wtf is a D1 spec controller what does it do ? as you can see from my name im pretty new to all this :dummy: . Where abouts are - abbey/ms or rstuning ?

atb newbie

stick with the tune in Abbey I'd say it will doe the throttle response for you, have a look around the forum for abbey motorsport and search for the D1 spec controller and all will revealed.

Sure I'll do it for you!

Uprev tuning reading:

viewtopic.php?f=114&t=27916

viewtopic.php?f=114&t=32613&hilit=uprev+tuning

D1 Controller reading:

viewtopic.php?f=119&t=28877&hilit=d1+spec+controller

Thanks :thumbs: but wtf is a D1 spec controller what does it do ? as you can see from my name im pretty new to all this :dummy: . Where abouts are - abbey/ms or rstuning ?

atb newbie

All is revealed.

viewtopic.php?f=119&t=28877

Really works and (unlike Abbey re-tune) you can sell if for £90 or so in a couple of months.

Good value at £30 for all that fun. :thumbs:

atb newbie

All is revealed.

Really works and (unlike Abbey re-tune) you can sell if for £90 or so in a couple of months.

But with a throttle controller you dont gain any power, delimited top speed and extra mpg.

atb newbie

All is revealed.

But with a throttle controller you gain any power, delimited top speed and extra mpg.

:wacko::wacko: Je ne comprends pas?